• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Suspension work questions

firemandan1700

Bite my shiny metal ass
Apr 6, 2008
LaSalle County
I'm going to be doing some suspension work (i.e. lowering springs/phb) soon and I was inquiring a few things...

Obviously the front struts will be off the car, would you recommend re-using the study bearing plates? (I believe that's what they are called)

I'm questioning this cause it will be about 150 bones for the pair

And would you replace any of the swaybar or any other bushings?

The car has 85k mi

Shibby50

TCG Elite Member
Mar 30, 2008
Braidwood, IL
not trying to thread hijack...have thought about doing this myself...any downfalls, or reason to wanna put it back on?

Drove it like that all last year and never noticed it being gone. I never plan on auto x or any kind of roadcourse but I do still take on/off ramps a decent speeds with no problems. I just set the shocks to stiffer settings on the street. I doubt it'll ever make its way back on.
Back on topic though like posted above, if you have the extra money go for it. I'm just saying its not gonna kill you if you don't.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info