• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Rear end took a dump on me... what to get?

transmaxed

TCG Elite Member
Jun 23, 2008
Palatine
Real Name
Matt
So yeah useless 10 bolt i think is finished. Took a dump on me at the track yesterday on my 1st run. I am curious if you guys had any recommendation on what rear end to get or what you run in your cars. My car is an m6 with just basic bolt ons. This is primarily my daily driver and I only go to drag race a few times a year, so I do not need anything crazy. I rather the rear end be quiter and drive as close to stock as possible, yet still be able to handle a couple hard launches here and there.

transmaxed

TCG Elite Member
Jun 23, 2008
Palatine
Real Name
Matt
I was thinking of going with a 9". But what im more lost with is the diff. What diff do you guys use? I do not think I want a spool or a locker as mine is a daily driver. Im still kind of new to the terminology but I keep hearing the wavetrac is good? Its expensive though, and might be too much for what i need?

skeezer

TCG Elite Member
Jan 3, 2008
Luke's Beef
I don't think most of these people have ever drove a car with a spool, but it's not bad. The only problem with a spool I had was maneuvering for parking spots can be a pain in the ass. It's cheaper and better for racing, but if it's your daily driver, then probably not for you. Don't buy any of your parts of eBay or used if you can help it.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info