alexd

Apr 28, 2011
SDC11999.jpg

How about now?

Alexd

alexd

Apr 28, 2011
welcome, nice upgrade wow

Thanks! I haven't started to work on it yet...warranty and all; and GTR's are insane in paying for transmission damage (out of warranty).

I've had a lot of fun taking the Z-28 from low 14s to probably high 11s (best I ever did was 12.44 @113.85 on DOT tires, before some final mods...53 in all, but minor stuff; daily driver and passes EPA) but I just have no floor lift available anymore, and the GTR starts out at 11.1 stock, with some claiming box-stock with perfect launch in the extremely high 10s.

So...if the rain ever stops! :smile:

Alexd

Chain O'Lakes State Park

alexd

Apr 28, 2011
Thank you! The color is Gun Metal.

It's tricky though, to be a "stoplight commando." The car uses a complex engine/transmission "VDC" that pretty much puts you in an all-or-nothing mode, for the launch. If I don't put it in the 'Race" mode, and just try to hold the brake while creeping the RPM up to a creep point (like with a standard automatic transmission)...between the turbo not providing boost (at the non-Race lock-out of 2000 RPM!!!!) and the dual-clutch not being totally engaged, my Nissan Xterra Offroad will beat it across the street. Of course a split second later, I'm off and gone.

You get 3 seconds to launch before the CPU (in Race mode) tells everything to "cool it." You have to learn to time this with drag-strip "Christmas trees" and traffic lights, or you would look foolish as your car...with a mind of its own...starts shutting down from optimum.

Nissan does this to protect the $24,000 transmission under warranty.

Alexd

Thread Info