đź‘‹ INTRO Hi

turtleman

Addict
Sep 6, 2009
Villa Park, IL
Real Name
covid
Cody here from Villa Park - 23 year old white dude. I also get out to the Montgomery area a decent bit too since my parents live there. I've posted a little bit but never really got to posting a "Hello - I'm here" thread. I haven't been to any meets yet but you'll see me soon, I'm sure. Just weird 'cause I don't know anybody. I drive that THING in my sig. I'd say it keeps me busy.

Don't know what else to say but hope to meet some of you soon and see your bad ass cars.

turtleman

Addict
Sep 6, 2009
Villa Park, IL
Real Name
covid
Welcome finally! What's done to your Riv?

Hey!
I don't know how far to go into it but

engine:
CIMG2943.jpg

XP cam w/ supporting valvetrain & YT roller rockers
XSP headers, exhaust shop made 3" exhaust with quiet muffler
ported/inlet smoothed blower w/ northstar TB, LS6 maf, 4" intake
42lb injectors, aeromotive fuel rails, PRJ fuel pump
zex dry nitrous system with a HSW controller for fueling - connected but hasn't been used yet
tuned by me and I'm no tuning master but it's decent

I'm in the middle of upgrading all of the suspension and whatnot right now.

Sitting on my desk as we speak to go this summer are ported/smoothed genV, WBS intercooler, smoothed LIM, intense S3 heads and S3 cam, GMR torsen limited slip diff in about a week and a million other little things. I'm just working on piecing stuff together and basically when I get laid off this summer, I'm going to do it all.

turtleman

Addict
Sep 6, 2009
Villa Park, IL
Real Name
covid
Another random out of Montgomery, where at? Nice riv, very clean.

Yeah my parents decided to move out there from Lombard in 2005. I stayed there for about a year and had enough. Lakewood Creek west right off Rt30 between Rt47 & Orchard. I will say one thing I seriously miss about living there is having room to DRIVE instead of 30mph-stop-30mph-stop-25mph all over the place here.

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
Yea, Oswego is worse, takes longer to get to the highway than it doesn't to get pretty much anywhere you want to go once you're on the highway. Out here BLOWS with traffic, there's a stoplight every 2-3' and the cops are ruthless. Especially Oswego/Montgomery cops. These assholes will give you a ticket just for looking at them weird. Driving at 1-2am? Yea, you'll get tailgated by one of the dick cops looking to give out their weekly dose of 100dui's. Bunch of pricks.

hellraiser319

Hellraising since 1986
May 17, 2010
West Bend, WI
:wavey: Might see me going to/from work once in a while...

Yeah, got tailed by a Kane County tonight myself, I was doing exactly the limit, car next to me about 2 faster, blasting me with radar, turned when I turned, then he disappeared. If I ever meet him, I might have a connection with Oswego PD.. he knows my other installer quite well apparently. haha

Slolane

Who's The Masta!?!
Mar 27, 2009
Hoffman Estates
Cody here from Villa Park - 23 year old white dude. I also get out to the Montgomery area a decent bit too since my parents live there. I've posted a little bit but never really got to posting a "Hello - I'm here" thread. I haven't been to any meets yet but you'll see me soon, I'm sure. Just weird 'cause I don't know anybody. I drive that THING in my sig. I'd say it keeps me busy.

Don't know what else to say but hope to meet some of you soon and see your bad ass cars.

welcome..a/s/l

turtleman

Addict
Sep 6, 2009
Villa Park, IL
Real Name
covid
Current turtle news

As some might have caught, I picked up an N/A motor today for my venomous turtle.
I decided the responsible thing to do these days with me living in a perpetual state of poverty and gas prices on the rise forever, I need to put in a stocker and forget about performance. I would have gone with a 1.6L out of a chevy cruz or something but I don't wanna figure out that kind of a swap. I'm also going to pee sitting down for the rest of my life. HAH
No for real, I'm going to do the IS3 cam, ported heads, IC, & gen5 like I'd planned. (by planning I mean buying a gen5 like 2 years ago for no reason other than it was cheap and collecting a snowball of more shit since then under the pretense that I might actually put it in the car one day. I think that day is finally coming.

Thread Info