đź‘‹ INTRO Not new but still new.

I've had an account here for a little while but never post, I'm back trying to find some non competitive autocross events around the region. I don't want to compete against others times, just my own, in an effort to get more comfortable pushing the limits of my car. I'm not finding anything like I want on Google, everything seems to be with a club, competitive, expensive, etc. Meanwhile a buddy in SanFran goes out to autocross events several times a year for like between $50 and $100 to run as much as you want all day no car classes, no points, just pay, tech, and go. I'm looking for something like that around the Chicago area or collar counties. I'm not interested in open track stuff with a bunch of cars at once, just autocross style events. I don't trust myself or my skills to put others at risk with me like that.

My car is slow but has a bunch of suspension bits on it so I'd be classed way up to somewhere that I'd be holding up the whole event while they're waiting for me to finish. :hs:

"little while"

:rofl:

welcome
Thanks, didn't realize it had been that long ago that I trailed a group of Honda's up 71 at Starved Rock, then went home and Googled to find information about the group and this place came up.
"Suspension bits" makes me think you're an okay person. Welcome, I know nothing of autocross.
I like to think I'm an okay person too, saying suspension bits is so much easier than listing out everything all the time, I didn't figure this was the place for that circle jerk. It rides like shit and can turn 'fast' if I knew what I was doing with it. I've got all the parts except the one part I really need, a good driver.

IceCreamAssassin

When in doubt, throttle out
TCG Premium
Jan 28, 2011
Cary
I like to think I'm an okay person too, saying suspension bits is so much easier than listing out everything all the time, I didn't figure this was the place for that circle jerk. It rides like shit and can turn 'fast' if I knew what I was doing with it. I've got all the parts except the one part I really need, a good driver.

I just like the term bits, feels like I'm watching Wheeler Dealers.

That first post seems..... Bitter?

I've only been hearing that same joke for the past 13 years, I've been a moderator over at Club3G (Eclipse 00-05, though never owned one) forums for a while and have racked up lots of butthurt and newb-hate. I try to use the same username on every car forum so people can just hate me everywhere. :rofl:

Look, I have a yelp review!
https://www.sitejabber.com/reviews/www.club3g.com#5

Dan00Hawk

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 10, 2011
Plainfield
I'd kind of like something like that too. Years ago, there used to be an Autocross at Joliet Junior College. No classes, just "run whatchya brung". They ended up classing cars based on their timed segments, not the mods. It got cancelled due to the college insurance costs increasing due to the "risk" of racing in their parking lot. Meh... But it wasn't SCCA, there weren't all sorts of classes based on the car or mods. Just a quick tech inspection to ensure the cars were "safe enough". It was laid back, semi competitive, but most of all fun and low stress.

Intel

TCG Elite Member
Oct 28, 2009
Palatine
Welcome Just show up to a chicago miata autox and compete against your own times. All non miatas are in the same class so no real rush to compete unless you feel the need to.

If you decide to to an HPDE day there are a ton available at autobahn and groups have great instructors to show you the ropes and keep you out of trouble.

Thanks for the information everyone, I'll look into some of it and hopefully get to have some fun with my car later this summer! I have to keep it safe and sound till I get the daily driver all squared away since the fun car will be the daily while the daily is under the knife. Somehow I got an older CD4E trans to 150K miles before it started to go bonkers, if that's not a feat I don't know what is!

And I'll see about maybe being a little more active around here too!

Oh hey, totally off-topic question, my girl does a little side work in the NWS part of the internet, would it be against the rules to have a thread of her stuff here to promote her some? I know you all like date supermodels and stuff and wouldn't be interested but money is money and a sale is a sale. She's all ass with no tits and has a big bag of weird dicks :rofl:

Thread Info