đź‘‹ INTRO Might as well

Not really new to the forum I've been lurking for a couple years, but I guess I should introduce my self. I'm Tim and I have a 90 Eagle Talon TSi

Attachments

• chicago garage.jpg
    chicago garage.jpg
    180.6 KB · Views: 208
I'll admit it's an eclipse but end of the day it's just a dsm(diamond star motors) Talons, lasers, eclipse are all the same car just rebadged so doesn't really matter on the brand to me, I just like the Talon trim better so I changed it. Formally I say it's a Talon since overall trim is Talon but if I'm talking about it with people who know cars I just say it's 1g dsm

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
Since it is in fact a DSM and you're on a tight budget, my advice is to keep it as close to stock as you can. This way it will remain reliable. DSM's are known as shitty cars because they're modded on a budget. Cheap parts = broken cars.

[MENTION=517]10sec[/MENTION] I think a big part of the "unreliable" stereotype comes from the same people who believe you can just throw on cold air intakes for big hp gains, and also they happen to be the same people who don't keep up on proper maintenance. I plan on doing things the right way, and the tight budget is going to adjust how long it will take rather than sacrificing the quality. [MENTION=12057]Gamble[/MENTION] I'm in the McHenry County area, pm me about what your looking to do

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
Doing things on a budget especially with DSM's means they're done improperly, that's why I said that :rofl: However, it does cost good $$ to do things the proper way, so hopefully you can keep it nice and running for a long time. I've owned 4 of them, and even the most ratty of them all, a cobbled together car, went 11's on the worlds most indestructible stock DSM drive-line.

The other side of that is, I can drive my S2000 3hrs away, race it 3 days in a row and have no doubt she'll make it home under her own power, the DSM on the other hand... :ugh: :rofl: But it wasn't properly done, it was like 90% of it's brothers.

[MENTION=517]10sec[/MENTION] I think a big part of the "unreliable" stereotype comes from the same people who believe you can just throw on cold air intakes for big hp gains, and also they happen to be the same people who don't keep up on proper maintenance. I plan on doing things the right way, and the tight budget is going to adjust how long it will take rather than sacrificing the quality. [MENTION=12057]Gamble[/MENTION] I'm in the McHenry County area, pm me about what your looking to do

I'm in McHenry County too. I hardly ever see any dsm's around here. Good luck on the build. I know a few dsm guys a few towns over with well built cars. Next summer I am looking to get some track days in with everyone.

Thread Info