đź‘‹ INTRO Just registered. Series III 3800 build being planned

MrCheesecake

Nov 21, 2013
Wheaton
Hey guys.

One of your members showed me this page. I drive a 2005 Grand Prix Base Model/GT1 (the GM naming scheme is too much for me to keep up with). She's got 121k miles on her but she'll be getting ALMOST a complete overhaul this summer. This is my first build, so I'm not touching the bottom end, but everything else is getting replaced.

The list is too long to remember, but I'll post a link to a video of her so everyone can see. Only aiming for about 300whp.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6rrG1zoJk8I

ktraver97ss

I say what everyone thinks
Aug 29, 2007
Roselle, IL
Needs moar
images

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
If you're in college and you want ~300whp, there's really no reason to "replace everything". A simple rocker/intercooled setup (you would have to topswap) will get pretty close to that. You'll end up spending LESS if you go turbo from the start. But hey, what do I know.

Yeah it did Kaytravvvvvers

MrCheesecake

Nov 21, 2013
Wheaton
Dont touch anything internal, bolt on z3 kit in a day, BOOM 300hp. Then, when the trans blows and you have to pull the motor anyway you can go to the next level with rockers or cam or what have you. Thats my plan with my turbo bonerville.

thats the plan, but suspension is fucked, so im ordering those parts, and i already bought the 1.9 RR. doing a light valvetrain rebuild after the suspension is finished and then ill be saving for either the z3 or ill piece a kit together if i can do it for less.

Thread Info