Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
So I went to White Castle last night and my one buddies has been raving about the Impossible Slider and while I usually just gorge on chicken ring sandwiches, I decided to try one. They are 1.99 vs under a dollar regular sliders and they take longer to cook.

But I'll get right to it...the Impossible Slider is fantastic and I'm shocked to be saying that. I'm eager to try the Impossible Whopper when it finally hits BK nationwide.

I am reading, however, that there is already a big time shortage of this "meat" so its likely going to be awhile before this becomes mainstream.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Pic for attention

Snapchat-112903444.jpeg

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
i had a bit of a date's, just the patty. i was surprised and really impressed.

i was at a burger place in the city (forgot which) but they had a beyond burger, not the impossible. similar but a competitor. i had the whole burger.

not sure if it took longer to cook than a regular burger, it took a bit. it was good, although being alone almost seemed better than part of the sandwich, like my brain still knew something was a bit different. not really a bad different though, just different. enjoyed, wouldn't mind ordering again.

here's the thing though - i was hoping it would be a lot healthier too. although that is super debatable. it's not an obvious win there, unfortunately.

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
A few months ago when Burger King announced that they were going to offer the impossible burger there was a news special on them. They talked about what makes a burger taste like a burger. Down to the molecules. They showed how they searched for plants that could match it these specific requirements. Then how they played to get the texture, look, smell, and so on. It was interesting to watch.

Then the program had a few people taste test a normal Whopper and an impossible version of it. Everyone was surprised by how much it tasted like a beef burger. Even how the juices came out of it when you bite into it.

I have to say I was interested in trying one. But have yet to do so.

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
here's the thing though - i was hoping it would be a lot healthier too. although that is super debatable. it's not an obvious win there, unfortunately.

I was surprised by how much saturated fat was in just the patty, and, of course, it takes a ton of salt to make that shit taste good so sodium is high too. More than a McD's quarter-pounder beef patty, and the same number of calories. :rofl:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info