Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
See all 101 --> https://www.thedailymeal.com/eat/101-best-burgers-america-2018-gallery

bAL5s6M.jpg

#1 Cheeseburger, Au Cheval, Chicago

The beauty of the burger served at Au Cheval lies in its simplicity: two patties (or three, if you order a “double”) of no-frills ground beef topped with Cheddar, Dijonnaise, and a few thin slices of pickles and served on a soft toasted bun from Chicago’s Z Baking. The patties are wonderfully crusty, and just about everything about this burger is perfect. The line to get into this place stretches literally around the block every day, so owner Brendan Sodikoff (who will be bringing Au Cheval to New York at some point in the near future) is clearly doing something right. And just to gild the lily, its fries are fried in lard, and are among America’s best.

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Not sure how Au Cheval wins #1 or is in the top 10 every year.
Its good but not that good.
#80 XXX in Lafayette is better imo and their Root Beer is fucking awesome.
#57 the 5-8 Club, #31 Solly's, and #16 Kumas are all better as well imo.
Paradise Pup in Des Plaines and Krolls in Green Bay should all be on that list as well.
I know there is a Krolls here as well, but I dont think its as good.

LikeABauce302

TCG Elite Member
Aug 27, 2013
South suburbs
Real Name
Matt
Not sure how Au Cheval wins #1 or is in the top 10 every year.
Its good but not that good.
#80 XXX in Lafayette is better imo and their Root Beer is fucking awesome.
#57 the 5-8 Club, #31 Solly's, and #16 Kumas are all better as well imo.
Paradise Pup in Des Plaines and Krolls in Green Bay should all be on that list as well.
I know there is a Krolls here as well, but I dont think its as good.

I can confirm, the 5-8 club is delicious. I used to have to visit the Minneapolis area for work and have been there a couple times.

stock-t-bird

THORNTON QUARRY
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2008
Thornton Quarry
I guarantee this #1 Chicago burger comes from one of these places.There what they call Grade A "Prime"...the texture is incredible,they bleed red when cooking.
My refrigeration customers do the work there,I usually get a box of burgers for free when they do work there...they are sooo fkn good...the second link will sell direct to you..arrives next day in a cooler filled with dry ice..$$$,but worth it.

World's Best Steak

https://www.mychicagosteak.com/

https://www.meatsbylinz.com/about/our-customers

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
Some of these have to be awesome. They are in Aurora but since its only Tuesday nights I have yet to go out there.

TUESDAY' NIGHT STUFFED BURGERS

Mutinator : bacon and cheddar cheese

Ms Molly : lots of cheddar cheese inside and outside

Chipotle : Chorizo, chipotle peppers, and Chihuahua cheese

Chihuahua : Spanish chorizo and Chihuahua chee

Cheese to Meet You : a blend of four cheeses, mozzarella, cheddar, swiss, and American cheese

Slaw Dog : stuffed with bacon covered with sweet coleslaw and BBQ sauce

Yoking Me : stuffed with American cheese, over easy egg inside and topped with another over easy egg

Italian Stallion : tomato steak, fresh mozzarella, Italian sausage, red onions, black olives

Bleu-Moon : stella bleu cheese crumble and grounded green olives

Wimpy : wilted garlic spinach, sliced black olives, fresh mozzarella cheese

Kraut Dog : with corned beef, our house made sauerkraut and mustard

Jalapeno Pepper : roasted jalapenos, bacon, chorizo, and cream cheese topped with cheddar cheese sauce

New Bacon-Ings : applewood bacon, scramble eggs, sausage

Bleu Buffalo : bleu cheese, grilled onions, roasted jalapenos topped with buffalo sauce

Joy Behar : saute mushrooms, grilled onions, swiss cheese (This Burger comes on a Kaiser roll)

Fat & Furious : roasted habanero peppers, ghost pepper, applewood bacon, pulled pork, chorizo, topped with our signature suicide sauce (caution... this burger is extremely hot!!! eat at your own risk!!! No refunds!!!

Fig-Eta Bout It : italian beef, italian sausage, pepperoni, italian giardiniera, and mozzarella cheese

Poblano PIcaso : roasted poblano peppers, giardiniera peppers, italian beef, pepperoni, poblano aioli

131 : spanish chorizo, pepperoni, apple wood bacon, american cheese

W.T.F : chipotle peppers, roasted jalapeno peppers, avocado, spanish chorizo,

Your Dog : with lots of pepperoni and mozzarella cheese

Rotweiler : caramelized onions, roasted habaneros, jalapenos, poblano and chipotle peppers. (extremely hot!!!...cautions, this burger is extremely hot!!! eat at your own risk!!!) No refunds

Fajita : bells peppers, roasted jalapenos, grilled onions, skirt steak, blended in our house made sauce and slathered with guacamole

Big Jake's : bacon. smoked pork, bleu cheese, and roasted jalapenos

Nachooo-burger : pico de gallo, roasted jalapeno peppers, smoked pork, topped with guacamole

Billy the Goat : fresh goat cheese, grilled onions

F.A.D. : lots of roasted habanero peppers, bacon, chorizo, grilled onions and suicide sauce. (extremely HOT!!! eat at your own risk!!!) No refunds

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
I guarantee this #1 Chicago burger comes from one of these places.There what they call Grade A "Prime"...the texture is incredible,they bleed red when cooking.
My refrigeration customers do the work there,I usually get a box of burgers for free when they do work there...they are sooo fkn good...the second link will sell direct to you..arrives next day in a cooler filled with dry ice..$$$,but worth it.

World's Best Steak

https://www.mychicagosteak.com/

https://www.meatsbylinz.com/about/our-customers

They have Wagyu burgers on sale, too. Not a terrible price at around $10 each and free shipping for the first order. Tempting.

CMNTMXR57

GM, Holden & Chrysler Mini-Van nut swinger
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
Never had AuCheval, but I guess my issue is, all these places that always make these lists are always fancy places with fancy, overdone, over thought out, over supplemented (I.E. sauces, veggies, errr, "Contamination", or other things unnecessarily added, burgers.

I want a a list of the best plain, slab of beef, with cheese, on a bun type of burger. Something that is a 1/2 pound burger but comes in a 1lb of grease wrapper kinda place. The place you find in a hole in the wall.

Kinda like pizza (since I am biased working in a pizza place...), if you can't make a basic fucking good cheese pizza, how the fuck can you make something more complicated and be the best!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info