Official TCG Cookbook Submissions

ChrisRac

Still not Italian
TCG Premium
Jan 31, 2008
Gilbert, AZ
Real Name
I Think That’s Obvious
Use this thread to submit your recipes for the TCG Cookbook. I'll keep this open for a month and if people are still wanting to submit recipes after that, I'll extend it. Pictures help too, if possible

To start, I made this the other night and then portioned out the leftovers for lunch for the week. I used ground turkey instead, a garlic flavored spaghetti sauce and some shredded mozz cheese as a topping.

Un-Stuffed Pepper Skillet
Yield: About 7-8 cups

Ingredients
1 pound extra-lean ground beef
1½ cups chopped onion (from about half of a large onion)
3 cloves of garlic, minced
½ teaspoon kosher salt
â…› teaspoon black pepper
1 24-ounce jar of your favorite spaghetti sauce
ÂĽ cup water
1 tablespoon hot sauce (such as Frank's Red Hot) (see note)
4 cups cooked brown rice (see note)
1½ - 2 cups green pepper, chopped into 1-inch pieces (from 1 large or two small green peppers)
additional hot sauce for serving

Preparation
Preheat a large, non-stick skillet over medium heat and add beef, onion, garlic, salt and black pepper. Cook until beef is browned and cooked through, stirring to crumble. Drain if needed (although if using very lean beef, you likely won't need to.)

Add spaghetti sauce, using water to swish the residual sauce out of the jar.

Add hot sauce. Cook for 10 minutes to allow flavors to meld.

Add rice and green peppers, cooking just until peppers are hot and crisp-tender.

Top with shredded mozzarella cheese, if desired.

Serve immediately, passing additional hot sauce as desired.

THK-Unstuffed-Pepper-Skillet4.jpg

willizm

Very Nice, Very Evil
May 13, 2009
The Woodlands, TX
I like wings but can't stand it when they are really chewy and hard to get to the meat. I decided to try slow cooking them to make the meat fall of the bone and it works. If you put them in the oven for 30 minutes after slow cooking them they will have a really crispness to them but super tender and fall of the bone every time.

Ingredients

• Wings (frozen or fresh)
  • Favorite buffalo sauce

Cooking steps. (5hours total)
  • Place wings in slow cooker
  • Pour about a half a cup of the wing sauce over the wings
  • Cook on low for 4 hours
  • Preheat oven for 400*
  • Spray a cookie sheet with cooking spray and gently place wings on sheet
  • Place in oven for 30 minutes flipping once half way
  • Be careful as wings are super tender and will fall off the bone
  • Pour remaining wing sauce in bowl
  • Roll your wings in the sauce
  • Serve and eat.
  • Wait for everyone to say they are the best wings you've ever had and why do no restaraunts slow cook their wings.

n0RDA5i.jpg

pmBw5mq.jpg

qHtQMLt.jpg

willizm

Very Nice, Very Evil
May 13, 2009
The Woodlands, TX
From the man that brought you Fat Willy's Slow Cooker Hot Wings, I bring to you my Baby Back Ribs recipe. These ribs you can eat with a fork and fall off the bone.

cUSo4wr.jpg

Ingredients

• 1 - Ribs of Your Choice
  • 1 - Bottle of Favorite Barbeque Sauce
  • 1 - Favorite Beer: Lager or Ale
  • 1 - Small Onion
  • 3 - Cloves of Garlic

Cooking steps. (9hours total)
  • Layout your ribs and cut them into manageable lengths that fit your slow cooker.
  • Season Ribs with salt and pepper
  • Dice Onion and add to slow cooker
  • Crush or dice Garlic and add to slow cooker
  • Pour half a can/bottle of Beer in slow cooker
  • Place ribs in slow cooker meat side up.
  • Cook on low for 8 hours
  • Preheat oven to 350 degrees
  • Carefully transfer Ribs to a cookie sheet
  • Spoon some of the drippings over the Ribs
  • Apply generous layer of Barbecue Sauce over the Ribs
  • Back for 15 minutes
  • Transfer to plate and be careful as Ribs are super tender and will fall off the bone
  • Serve and eat.
  • Wait for everyone to say they are the best Ribs you've ever had and why do no restaraunts slow cook their Ribs.

3rLCOTs.jpg

sspFgW6.jpg

ywj50gL.jpg

ygYa5Hy.jpg

willizm

Very Nice, Very Evil
May 13, 2009
The Woodlands, TX
Made dinner tonight and it was so simple to get steakhouse quality pork chops for real cheap. These will give a good steak a run for its money.

Ingredients
  • 1.5-2" thick cut pork chops
  • salt
  • pepper
  • olive oil
  • butter

So to make these perfect and juice you are going to pan sear them first and then bake them for 15 minutes. Get the pork chops out and run them down with olive oil. Then you are going to want to salt them rather generously. Pork loves salt so make sure you get some good coverage and rub it in. Add some pepper and rub that in

Preheat the oven to 400*. Get the pan up to medium high heat. You'll want to use something that will go directly from the stove to the oven so make sure the handle is metal. Put some butter in the pan (I use about a table spoon of kerrigold). Add your pork chops and cook for 2 minutes. Flip them to the other side and continue for another 2 minutes. While they are flipped and doing the second 2 minutes I take a spoon and spoon over the butter in the pan over the pork chops. Once done searing the other side they go straight in the oven for 15 minutes. After baking time is up, take them out and let them set for about 5 minutes. Enjoy.

3bSz4j8.jpg

Ti28

Cupcake
TCG Premium
Jan 23, 2013
Bartlett
venison poppers.

1 pound ground deer.
2 8oz packages cream cheese.
18? Peppers

Split peppers, clean out. Fry up deer add in coriander for spice. As meat and pan are still warm. Mix in cream cheese.

Fill peppers with mixture. Sprinkle some bacon bits and shredded cheese on top. Back at 350 until they crisp up.

I happened to have sharp cheddar on hand to top them off.

2c778222e48f1de2a475536c73ed703d.jpg

Ti28

Cupcake
TCG Premium
Jan 23, 2013
Bartlett
Wife is gone duck breast

I took my favorite SS pan, heated it up to the point the pan was starting to smoke.

I scored the skin side of the breast to help heat and melt the fat.

Flopped the breasts in the pan and waited for the skin to brown real nice.

Then I crushed two cloves of garlic and tossed them in the pan. Then came, rose merry, tyme, sage and a little salt and pepper.

Flipped the breasts over and added about a cup of balsamic. I let everything cook together. Once the breasts were about done med/rare. I took a 1/4 cup of honey and poored it on top of the breasts. Flipped one more time and pulled them off.

Let the breast rest while I stirred and mixed all the liquid and spices in the pan.

Cut the breasts and drizzled over. And a little side salad. Damn good eating.

382a6c6974062918bdfa3dd37e33d354.jpg

73df71efa8ea4580b1138b7e9de67d15.jpg

ldyzluvdis06

Supercharged C5
Sep 30, 2008
Jacksonville, IL
Real Name
Danny
PARMESAN CRUSTED CHICKEN (sounds weird using mayo, but it's awesome! once of my new favorite baked chicken recipes)
Ingredients:

-1/2 cup Mayonnaise
-1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
-4 boneless, skinless chicken breast
-4 tsp. Italian seasoned dry bread crumbs (or panko and add italian seasoning)

Cooking:

-Preheat oven to 425°.
-Combine Mayonnaise with cheese in medium bowl. Arrange chicken on baking sheet. ---Evenly top with Mayonnaise mixture, then sprinkle with bread crumbs.
-Bake until chicken is thoroughly cooked, about 20 minutes.

IO8xFyF.jpg

kT6u4LA.jpg

pJT35hh.jpg

Last edited:

ChrisRac

Still not Italian
TCG Premium
Jan 31, 2008
Gilbert, AZ
Real Name
I Think That’s Obvious
Not stuffed mushrooms but I created a recipe for deep fried portabello mushrooms with a butter/oil/garlic sauce.

I used to fry them in a pan but thought a deep fryer might work better. It does.

2 or 3 Portabello mushrooms.

4T virgin olive oil.

2T good butter.

2 or more cloves of garlic depending on how much you like garlic.

Ingredients are estimated. I just dump until it looks right.

Chop up portabellos into around 1/2-1" pieces. Drop these into a deep fryer. They may bubble fast because of the water content. Add them slowly.

While they are cooking heat oil and butter in a pan on medium/high. Chop up garlic and cook the garlic for around 30 seconds, stirring as needed. Remove pan from heat. If the pan is still cooking the sauce, you may want to remove it before it browns the garlic. If the garlic gets brown, the sauce will get bitter. You want to release the garlic flavor but not caramelize the garlic.

Pull the mushrooms when they slow down bubbling. It's around 4 minutes, give or take with my fryer. This means most of the water is gone and the mushroom flavor is compacted into the mushrooms. You want most of the water out but not all. They get dried out if you cook them too long. They should still be juicy, just smaller and more flavorful.

Shake them in paper towels to remove most of the oil. Dump them in a bowl and drizzle the sauce over them. Heaven.

ChrisRac

Still not Italian
TCG Premium
Jan 31, 2008
Gilbert, AZ
Real Name
I Think That’s Obvious
Damn easy to make.

1 gallon apple juice

1 gallon apple cider

7 4" long or so sticks of cinnamon

1 liter everclear

1/2 cup sugar

1/2 cup brown sugar

Pour both gallons into a pot, add cinnamon sticks, and both 1/2 cups of sugar. simmer for 2 hours. LET IT COOL ROOM TEMP OR COLDER. Take out sticks, add everclear. The longer it sits, the less alcohol youll taste. If I have a party coming up, I'll make this 2-4 weeks in advance. Add a shot of fireball to each glass if you want. Then, get fucky.

ChrisRac

Still not Italian
TCG Premium
Jan 31, 2008
Gilbert, AZ
Real Name
I Think That’s Obvious
I can't eat McRibs because of a sensitivity/allergy to an ingredient but have always wanted to recreate one from scratch. There were many recipes online, from making a food processor patty to combining different types of pork and of course buying a boneless pork patty. But I wanted to make it like it's depicted, a slab of rib meat on a bun.

I started with a full rack of baby back ribs from Mariano's. Looking back, a half slab would have been fine a few sandwiches.

482b586ba6fafa1aba454c772a4329ae.jpg

dbb4b584fdf00ae507b09c2adaee8b4c.jpg

I covered the ribs in McCormick's barbecue seasoning top and bottom and let them sit in the fridge for 8 hours. After removing the membrane, of course.

323b7f330baf918ceb654b2a8477abec.jpg

d092c2387d359bfd8642044238c144ca.jpg

Then individually wrapped the half slabs in tin foil and used a roaster tray to set them off the tray. Set the oven to 250 degrees and baked them for two hours at first.

After two hours:
5a4fd4349ead95d9b90a5caa80d3bdfa.jpg

After two hours I took them out of the foil and placed them back on the rack for another hour at 250 degrees.

After that hour, the ribs are pretty much done so I took them out and slathered them in Sweet Baby Rays Original. I have other favorite que but this seemed most like the original. Then put them back in for 15 min at 500 degrees.

59403c2b770d1263814c19a5e5a5fb0e.jpg

At this point, I had some really good ribs. I didn't think they could taste this good just from the oven.

07dfe94a6bfcf6e849bebb6ceea04d36.jpg

Then I de-boned the ribs by pulling them out. They took some force, and were a little sticky coming out of the meat.

Then you're left with two patties:

f93e0417a6cd90649ca20fe33c8ae793.jpg

Load it up with onion, pickles and BBQ sauce and you're good to go.

26bd0f57ac0e869960ba8ccb9a73360e.jpg

ChrisRac

Still not Italian
TCG Premium
Jan 31, 2008
Gilbert, AZ
Real Name
I Think That’s Obvious
1 oz. jalapeno infused Cabo.
1 oz. 99 Peaches peach liqueur.
1 T simple syrup.
1/2 peach plus a couple frozen peach slices.
2 fresh basil leaves.
Ice & Club soda to 12 oz. level.
Jalepeno, basil and peach garnish.

Muddle peach, Cabo, liqueur, simple syrup and basil. Strain and pour over ice. Add Club Soda to 12 oz. level. Garnish.

Done. I may experiment a little with sweetness or try a salted rim but I can taste the peach, basil and jalapeno in the drink. It's also orange instead of green and has a lot of alcohol. Success.

How about "Peach Fire" for a name?

ZVCNvGe.jpg

ChrisRac

Still not Italian
TCG Premium
Jan 31, 2008
Gilbert, AZ
Real Name
I Think That’s Obvious
I made this recipe up myself. Started with a recipe for a mango salad and added ingredients until it tasted great. Brought it to a Thai dinner I was attending tonight and it disappeared fast.

Avocado Mango Surprise

2 Hass Avocados
2 Mangoes
3 Plum Tomatoes
Green Pepper
Jalapeno Pepper. I de-seeded the pepper but you can leave the seeds if you want more heat. Make the jalapeno pieces small. It's the surprise in the recipe. Sweet and salty with a bit of heat.
Cilantro to taste. Add enough to get the cilantro flavor. Start with a quarter cup to a half cup of chopped cilantro and add more if needed. You want cilantro flavor in every bite.
1/3 medium Red Onion chopped small.
1/2 Lime's worth of Lime Juice
Salt to taste. You want a little bit of saltiness to balance the sweetness.
A few twists of Pepper
Vinaigrette dressing (this was for sweetness. If the Mangoes are sweet enough you don't need the vinaegrette)
Chop everything into bite size pieces or smaller. Combine and gently mix.

ChrisRac

Still not Italian
TCG Premium
Jan 31, 2008
Gilbert, AZ
Real Name
I Think That’s Obvious
My first time trying this, pretty sure I saw it on here in another thread

What you need
3lb chuck roast I got a 3.5 pounder
A pack of au jus
A pack of ranch dressing
Half a stick of butter
pepperoncini Peppers
1/4 cup water

Dump your seasoning packs on the roast, cut your butter up into a few chunks and space it out, dump your 1/4 cup water on the roast and cover it in peppers, throw it on low for 8 hours or high for 6 hours

ChrisRac

Still not Italian
TCG Premium
Jan 31, 2008
Gilbert, AZ
Real Name
I Think That’s Obvious
I got it in the crockpot now.

Here is origonal receipe.

Sweet-Sour Crockpot Pork Tenderloin - Page 2 of 2 - Cool Home Recipes

How mine started out.

9HPazst.jpg

Prep time
5 mins

Cook time
6 hours

Total time
6 hours 5 mins

Balsamic Pork Tenderloin that just melts in your mouth! This slow cooker balsamic pork tenderloin recipe is perfect for those busy weeknight supper or even special occasions!

Author: Robyn Stone | Add a Pinch

Serves: 6-8

Ingredients

1 2-3 pound boneless pork tenderloin
1 cup chicken or vegetable broth
½ cup balsamic vinegar
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1 tablespoon honey
½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
2 cloves garlic, chopped

Instructions

Place pork tenderloin into the insert of your slow cooker. In a 2-cup measuring cup, mix together all remaining ingredients. Pour over pork and set the timer for your slow cooker. (6-8 hours on Low)

Once pork tenderloin has cooked, remove from slow cooker with tongs into a serving dish. Break apart lightly with two forks and then ladle about ¼ – ½ cup of gravy over pork tenderloin.

Store remaining gravy in an airtight container in the refrigerator for another use.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info