Elk Grove Village - Viva Zapata's

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
I've talked about this place before. Its located in the strip mall on the west side of Busse & Green Leaf Ave. Basically next to the Portillo's and McDonalds.

This place is amazing. If I want a authentic Mexican lunch he always delivers. He's also right next door to Taco Bell, so unless I'm in a super hurry, or just have that craving for Taco Bell, Zapata's is it. The owner who runs the register almost all the time is always awesome and friendly.

Today I had the Enchilada's dinner. Had a mix of Shredded Chicken and Al Pastor. The shredded chicken was juicy and needed nothing, perfect mix of flavor. The Al Pastor which I hadn't tried there before but did on a whim today was awesomely spicy. Just the smell of it made my mouth water and my nose sniffle. He knows I like spicy and asked if I wanted it extra spicy. Unlike Chinese restaurants that ask if you want "Spicy" then deliver mild when ordered his Spicy was Spicy!

Prices are good for the taste of the food. Most lunches are about $9, and the dinners are like $12. But the food is so good, and the owner is so awesome. As an example. Today when I asked for an extra enchilada so I could have 2 of each kind, he gave me the 4th enchilada for free.

Why did I get an enchilada for free? "Because you've been coming here for years". No other reason. He usually gives me a free refill on the Horchata if I get that too, even if I offer to pay (and would, its only 25c).

I got the food To Go today because I was in a bit of a rush to finish some work stuff.

24615866779_da3ab952c8_o.jpg

LiquidPen

Forum Sponsor
Jun 23, 2011
Bartlett, IL
Werd, Im like family at El Burrito Fantastico in Roselle. The week they opened in like 06-07 I went 7 times in like 10 days. :rofl: When i go late night and its not the owners there and they treat me like a normal custy I get insulted. lol Mainly cause im wasted. lol

That place is good.. I go there a lot.. However once in a while lately been getting some bad food =(

GoldPanther

♫Please press 1 for more options♫
TCG Premium
Oct 8, 2013
Addison
Real Name
Daniel
I will have to go there and try it some day.

My favorite place for Mexican food is a small restaurant located by Grand Ave near with 25th ave called El Burrito Amigo in Franklin Park. There they have the best and most amazing tasting Carne asada. Once you go there you'll never go somewhere else.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info