Qdoba Knockout Taco Review

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Qdoba recently added gourmet tacos to their menu. I all but signed off on Qdoba because it essentially tasted like the Chinese knockoff of Chipotle, and the two restaurants are across the street from each other at work. Really, it was a no-brainer why I stopped. These new Knockout tacos, however, have brought me back.

One of my biggest complaints of Qdoba's regular menu is that nothing has any flavor. Chipotle's seasoning and ingredients are so much more defined. Not the case with the Knockout Tacos. I tried three of the Drunken Yardbird tacos: tequila lime chicken, guac, salsa verde, cilantro, minced onion and cotija cheese.

They smell wonderful right out of the bag and being wrapped in cheap tinfoil have a food truck packaging vibe without the typical food truck E. Coli poisoning. You can taste the lime in the chicken at first bite and the salsa Verde has a little kick to it. Surprisingly complex tasting for a fast food taco, and the line people did a good job not overloading the ingredients so it was pretty well balanced too.

One of my favorite aspects is you don't have to mess with picking and choosing ingredients. The tacos come fully loaded. The only choice you have to is corn or flour tortilla - I've tried both and prefer the soft, fluffy flour tortilla.

The six different tacos are the best thing on Qdoba's menu, but Qdoba charges a steep $9 for three, or $3.50 for one. I'd probably eat them more often if they were cheaper.

• Drunken Yardbird™ is made with tangy tequila lime chicken, hand-smashed guacamole, salsa verde, cilantro, minced onion, and cotija cheese.
  • Mad Rancher™ is filled with grilled chicken, bacon, hand-smashed guacamole, picante ranch, lettuce, pico de gallo, and cotija cheese.
  • Two Timer™ features pulled pork, salsa roja, shredded cheese, lettuce, pico de gallo, cotija cheese, and a crispy taco wrapped in a flour tortilla spread with 3-Cheese Queso.
  • Triple Threat™ is comprised of juicy steak, bacon, 3-Cheese Queso, fajita veggies, pico de gallo, and cotija cheese.
  • The Gladiator™ has steak, bacon, pico de gallo, lettuce, Mexican Caesar dressing, cilantro, and cotija cheese.
  • Bohemian Veg™ is covered in shredded cheese, black beans, corn salsa, hand-smashed guacamole, salsa verde, minced onions, cilantro, and cotija cheese.

IMG_3585_zpszrxggk5v.jpg

IMG_3584_zpsoa6ys26y.jpg

IMG_3586_zpscj9avatx.jpg

IMG_3587_zpslw2rfo65.jpg

IMG_3588_zps9lym72xt.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info