Boosh's first sous vide steak

Stink Star

Don’t Drive Angry!
TCG Premium
Jan 20, 2008
Big wood cock
So I finally got sick of waiting for my torch to show up and decided to make a steak for lunch. I went and got the cheapest steak at jewel I could find. Just a super cheap sirloin, 2 steaks for $6. I also picked up a foodsaver handheld vacuum pump ($19) with the special bags. So I did nothing to the steak except salt and pepper and a small piece of butter and vacuumed it up

It was pretty thick and had some grissle (sp?) so I did 132* for 2 hours. Pulled her out and looked like this
(Paper plate for the heritage)

Dried her off and seared it in a hot pan since my mega fuck torch isn't here yet (showed up 5 mins ago though)

Aaaaannnnndddddd despite me slightly overlooking it to just under medium, the flavor and texture were unbelievable. If a shitty steak ends up like this I can't imagine how good a filet mignon would be. I'm glad I tried a cheap steak first so I didn't overcook a filet. Now I know 130 is totally acceptable.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info