Sous Vide Beef Tenderloin Roast Step by step

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Alright [MENTION=5]Mook[/MENTION] watch this shit.

start to finish.

Tenderloin (basically filet mignon just not cut up for those keeping score) was on sale for 7.49 a lb this week at the grocery store i love.

so. here it is, rubbed in salt, and garlic pepper salt. cuz why not.

then mount the circulator dealio.

then fill the pot- side note. because no children live in my house. water comes out of my faucet at the temperature of the sun- this lets me not have to wait for the water to get to temp.

then i put the tenderloin in the nifty lil satchel- i added it with a little red wine, and a very tiny amount of liquid smoke. because why not.

then you vacuum the air out- using the zip loc pump dealio- or do the water submersion method... whatever.

then i put it in the pot:

and i decided to put tinfoil over it today because now it looks cat proof right [MENTION=5]Mook[/MENTION]?

and this helps stabilize the temp, and not as much water will evaporate...

so it's set at 131.5* and it is going to cook here now for the next 3 hours or so- ill take it out of the bag, and sear it then and update pics of that and the final result.

hopefully it doesn't suck :rofl:

edit:

FInishing:

mega fuck torch searing

so fucking tender and delicious.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
I'm sorry KJ but fuck liquid smoke. I hate that shit. It tastes so fake. I have to use it at work a few times a week and despise it. As the meat enthusiast and meat smoker you are, I'm disappointed in you. I still like you though.

:rofl: i use barely a few drops or so to give it something. i had no desire to go outside and shovel out my smoker yesterday.

Sorry to let you down. :rofl:

ill have you know though it turned out fucking increidble.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info