Long Subway rant

P40E

TCG Elite Member
Nov 4, 2012
I've been going to Subway stores since they opened . This rant is about the workers wearing the plastic gloves when making your food .

So sometime ago Subway has decided that the workers have to wear the clear plastic gloves when making your sandwich . Which is a good thing . At least when they put them on right before they make your sandwich . But they even screw that up too .

In my head , the whole idea of them wearing gloves is so they do not touch your food with their hands . A health issue not to contaminate your food . Correct ?

Yet some stores seem to think that the gloves are for them so they dont get their hands dirty .

Let me give you a run down of what I see all the time and also what just happened to me today .

All the time when I enter a subway I see the workers already wearing gloves touching things and cleaning the counters and making bread and grabbing the oven handles and microwaves and such.

Then they see you enter the store and they immediately start making you your food without changing gloves . If you think about that , it's not really a good thing when they are touching everything in the store then decide to make your sandwich and touch everything on your food from the bread to everything you want on it (meat , veggies , etc etc ) .

Sometimes you see workers come out of the back of the store with the gloves already on and want to make your sandwich . You have no idea what they are doing back there with there hands . Hell they could be washing the floors and then want to make you a sandwich with the same gloves ? Disgusting .

Another thing they do is .... let's say they see you walk in and are cleaning the store . They ask you what you want . In the meantime they go to wash their hands before they put the gloves on . But they don't use soap . And they also don't dry their hands . They put the gloves on while their hands are still wet , which in turn gets water on the outside of the gloves .

So when they put down the white sheet of paper on the counter and grab the bread and put it on the paper , you see the drips of wwater on the paper and also they are touching your bread with wet gloves . Which is not really clean water because the water has touched their dirty skin and is now on your sandwich .

Now I will say what happened today at the Poplar Grove store .

I go into the store and there are two ladies behind the counter . Both do not have gloves on .

The first lady asks what i want . As I say my order she goes to the sink , rinses her hands for about a second with no soap , then immediately puts the gloves on over the wet hands . Water gets on the outside of the gloves . The towel dispenser is directly above the sink yet she does not dry her hands .

She makes the first part of the sandwich . (Bread , meat , cheese) . Then passes down to the next girl .

While this is happening the second girl puts on a pair of gloves . No washing hands , just puts o the gloves . Which is actually better because she won't get water on the sandwich.

She is standing there (with the gloves on) waiting for the first lady to finish , and what does she do ? She starts wiping the counter off with her hands !

Then she asks what veggies I want.

Meanwhile the first lady disappears into the back of the store . (Gloves still on)

As the second lady finishes making my sandwich , she takes off her gloves and rings me out at the register .

Another customer walks into the store and the door chime goes off .

The first lady comes out from the back of the store , gloves still on , and starts making this guy's sandwich .

I wonder what she was doing back there with The old gloves on ? She could have been picking her ass for all we know !!

Now I am not the cleanest guy myself , but when it comes to catching colds or the flu from someone , I think about this alot .

I believe the gloves are there for us so we don't have the workers not touching our food . But unless the gloves are clean there is really no reason for them to be wearing them if they are going to be using them and touching everything in the store , and then decide to make you a sandwich and put their dirty fingers on the food . Especially the meat and cheese and veggies .

Go wipe your finger on a counter that has dust on it . Then go to the fridge and grab a piece of sliced ham or bologna . I guarantee you can't do it without getting the dust on the meat . Lol

End rant .

Let the bashing begin . :bigthumb:

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
for the most part you can see what they are doing though, at mcdonalds they could throw there dick in your cheeseburger before you get it and you would never know, the only thing that pisses me off about subway is how the prices seem to keep going up last steak sub i got was like 9 dollars, shit ill just get a real piece of steak and cook my own for that

P40E

TCG Elite Member
Nov 4, 2012
for the most part you can see what they are doing though, at mcdonalds they could throw there dick in your cheeseburger before you get it and you would never know, the only thing that pisses me off about subway is how the prices seem to keep going up last steak sub i got was like 9 dollars, shit ill just get a real piece of steak and cook my own for that

True . I got a foot long BMT , sandwich only , was $ 7.50 .

IceCreamAssassin

When in doubt, throttle out
TCG Premium
Jan 28, 2011
Cary
Typically gloves are a single use item. They are throw away gloves. I agree with the going in back part, but you have no idea she could have kept them on because she was prepping more food. Now as far as using them while touching different foods I could see your concern for cross contamination, but all of subways food is pre cooked. The cross contamination happens when you go from raw food to cooked food. That's the huge no no. Also the handling of money to food without washing is huge which is probably why they use gloves in the first place.
If the place is run correctly, the employees wash their hands correctly when they first start their shift for the day. As long as they don't go to the bathroom or handle anything else that's dirty, chemicals, etc.... They should be fine. I think it's a subway policy to make the average person feel better, when in reality gloves spread germs just as easily if not easier than bare hands.

D

Deleted member 9932

Back when I used to work a panera during high school years, the state of IL Heath blah blah didn't require you to wear gloves. Not sure if that rule has changed cause I'm not in the food business.
When you go out to eat what do you think them dirty ass beans are doing in the back.....

blck10th

TCG Elite Member
Jan 11, 2007
When I had my power washing biz operating, we occasionally had jobs cleaning restaurant kitchens. Suffice it to say, if you knew what's really under the counters of many restaurants, you would not eat anywhere other than your own home.

I went with my ex's dad who did repair work on McDonald's. Tile work and what not. The floors they cleaned with bleach and still made me want to vomit all over from the smell.

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
TCG Premium
Nov 20, 2008
NWI
The subways I go to around work are usually so fucking busy when im there, they have no time to clean up or go in the back. and if they do, they ALWAYS wash their hands and reglove.

Its shit you know is there anyway but you have to power through it, or make your shit at home everyday.

the only thing I can rant about is how even after their new chicken I still find weird parts in it... oh well... sweet onion chx teriyaki ftmfw

b00sted

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 6, 2010
Quiznos did something like this. The girl made my sandwich with the gloves on, took them off and scrunched them in to a ball in one hand while she rang me up, handled cash, etc...Then she took the same gloves, put them back on, and went to make another sandwich.

Dirty bitch.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info