Speaking of Turkeys...

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
How are you guys going to cook yours? I'm thinking of grilling one and roasting the other. I'll brine them both and cook the stuffing separately. I do have a turkey fryer but it's such a pain to buy oil, cook the turkey and then dispose of the oil. I have kept the oil in the past in a sealed container but usually don't use it for anything and end up getting rid of it. Grilled turkey tastes just as good and is much easier.

Last year, my wife and I had fun with me grilling one and her roasting the other without any tips from me. Friendly competition.

Attachments

• 2013-11-28 13.06.47 resize.jpg
    2013-11-28 13.06.47 resize.jpg
    154.3 KB · Views: 124
  • 2013-11-28 15.32.53 resize.jpg
    2013-11-28 15.32.53 resize.jpg
    145.2 KB · Views: 115

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
I dug up Bobby Flay's recipe that I used in the first post pics. Here it is if anyone wants to try it. The recipe has a lot of seasonings that produce a tasty bird. There's a lot more flavor than just putting salt and pepper on a Butterball and tossing it in the oven. I'm going to grill it rather than bake it. Remember the basting if you haven't brined your turkey. It will keep it from drying out. Plus, it's fun to open the grill every fifteen minutes although I may baste in half hour intervals so I'm not opening the grill so much. Drink beer... open grill... baste... repeat... :smile:

Thanksgiving Pioneer-Style Herb Roasted Turkey Recipe : Bobby Flay : Food Network

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info