TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Sep 29, 2007
WI
Schmaltz Online | Classic Jewish Deli |

That is their website.

http://www.schmaltzonline.com/assets/files/pdfs/MenuLunch.pdf

Menu.

Where to begin... I worked in Naperville, .5 miles away from this place for almost two years and never went here...I work in Downer's Grove now and my co-workers suggested this place, and I've visited at least twice a month (twice this week!). This place NEVER disappoints. It is a little bit pricey ($10-$13 for a Sandwich and a Drink) but you get A LOT of food.

Food I've tried:

#28 MACCABEAST
Warm PASTRAMI and a Schmaltz brand ALL BEEF DOG
with spicy deli mustard on our exclusive Jewish rye hero roll. I added Grilled Onions.

Rating: 7/10
This one was good but I'm super spoiled when it comes to hot dogs. I'm that guy that will only eat Vienna Beef hot dogs, and nothing else. I was reluctant to try this due to that...but I took one for the team. Overall- Delicious. The reason it's not higher than a 7 is because I'm a picky whiner about the taste of the hot dog. It can compare most to a Nathan's Hot Dog, but better. The hot dog was HUGE (that's what she said) and filled the bun no problem. The pastrami was godly as always (will go more into this later.) Definitely needed the grilled onions on there, and the mustard was nice and spicey. Roll was perfectly toasted and very yummy.

#34 CHICKEN CLUB
Sliced CHICKEN BREAST with SCHMACON™(BEEF bacon) guacamole, lettuce and tomatoes on three slices of toasted wheat bread.

Rating: 9/10
I order this without tomatoes. This only comes "over-stuffed" which means, it's a beast, and large. The BEST part about this sandwich is you eat it and you're (at least I'm) perfectly content - not too full, not hungry either. The SCHMACON™ makes this sandwich. I was unsure of replacing the deliciousness that is pork bacon but man is this stuff good!! The guac they use on the sandwich is awesome as a spread, the chicken is spiced (not spicy) and very very delicious. The bread, again, perfectly toasted and delicious. Overall, a must have and one of my go-tos.

#14 SLOPPY PAUL
Our Reuben. Warm SCHMALTZ FAMOUS CORNED BEEF or PASTRAMI on marble rye with Swiss cheese, sauerkraut and Russian dressing.

Rating: 8/10 - You need to LOVE sauerkraut, and it'll be a 10 for you
This one I had with the CORNED BEEF, not the PASTRAMI. Amazing sandwich, but my comment above stands, they use a LOT of sauerkraut on this bad boy. Their corned beef is the best I've ever eaten (aside from home-made, being a little bit bias). The marble rye, along with all of their bread, perfectly toasted and delicious. The Russian dressing is probably the best thing they offer. I'm not entirely sure what it is as I've never had it before this place but it goes PERFECTLY with their corned beef or pastrami.

#20 OLD NEW YORKER
SCHMALTZ FAMOUS CORNED BEEF or PASTRAMI on seeded Jewish rye with Russian dressing and Schmaltz’s creamy cole slaw

Rating: 11/10
Ladies and gentlemen, this is it, the BEST deli sandwich I've EVER eaten. Mind you I have not tried their entire menu.. I've had this sandwich 4 times now. Once with all corned beef, overstuffed. Once with all pastrami. Once with half pastrami half turkey pastrami, overstuffed. Once with half corned beef, half pastrami. This never lets me down. My go-to if I don't feel like trying something new or just want to pig out and enjoy the hell out of a sandwich. Their corned beef and pastrami are out of this world and extremely delicious. The Russian dressing as stated before goes perfectly with those two meats, and then their cole slaw to top it off... PERFECTION. HIGHLY recommend this to anyone.

This place has it all, their menu is HUGE the people serving the food and taking the orders are super friendly and active and they have specials all the time. Some notable days:
Tuesday: Double punch Tuesday (you get a punch card where when you buy 12 sandwiches, you get one free)
Thursday: Triple punch Thursday
Friday: FREE COOKIE FRIDAY! (went there for lunch today!)

We've gone there with a group of about 10 of us for lunch one day and the owner walked over with 3 baskets of cookies for us to share with our table and sat down and shot the shit with us, it was awesome...great way to keep people coming back in.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info