Jersey Mike Review/ Adventure

willsmysticcobra

Classifieds Mod
Mar 3, 2006
Algonquin
Just had one of these restaurants open up in our plaza and thought I would treat the staff to a business lunch. Have dined at nearly sub type shop known to man so I didn't have to high of expectations, but was starving.

After quickly perusing the menu I chose to go with a giant (14-15in) Number 9 (Roast beef, turkey, swiss, bacon, mayo - and of course - Mike's Way®!) AND a philly cheese steak.

Knowing damn well we were writing this lunch off I also opted for a deli sized pickle , medium mountain dew and a bag of Miss Vickie's chips. $60 dollars later I heave the heavy ass bag on out lunch table and I size up my meal.PLEASE NOTE I HAD THEM LABEL #9 AS "LUCKY" it took half the table
willsmysticcobra-albums-ar15-picture2920-j-mike6.jpg

willsmysticcobra-albums-ar15-picture2915-j-mike.jpg

The pure girth of the Club Supreme is frightening. Full on knowing I could NEVER eat both subs in their entirety, I cut each in half and went at it. Hit the half of Philly first because it was hot:
willsmysticcobra-albums-ar15-picture2916-j-mike2.jpg

It was pretty damn tasty and enjoyed the beef texture and sear on the meat. Peppers and onion capped off the traditional philly taste, and I said screw it and hit the other half #becauseobese .

I misjudged a pertinent life decision when I ate that second half because a few inches away I was faced with the daunting task of hitting the Club.
willsmysticcobra-albums-ar15-picture2919-j-mike5.jpg

Cheers, here is to my coronary!
willsmysticcobra-albums-ar15-picture2918-j-mike4.jpg

This thing was heavy and drench in " Juice" which is J Mike's mix of red wine vinegar and oil. It was actually a little much and kinda took from the over all fresh taste of the sandwich IMO. The worker literally drenched the bottom half and the cold oil just acted as a lube to help me get the mass down. I hit a brich wall much like the dude in Man vs Food and had to have a co worker revive me back to life because I passed away from the first 5 inches of the sub.
willsmysticcobra-albums-ar15-picture2917-j-mike3.jpg

I persevered to finish the sub and at that point it was in pure gluttony. I suppose this was less of how the food tasted and more or less how much of my health insurance I am going to use due to my actions.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info