Teriyaki Salmon with Sriracha Cream Sauce

LiquidPen

Forum Sponsor
Jun 23, 2011
Bartlett, IL
My friend made this recipe the other day.. It was unreal..

IMG_13121.jpg

Teriyaki Salmon with Sriracha Cream Sauce - Damn Delicious

An easy salmon dish with homemade teriyaki sauce and a Sriracha cream sauce that will knock your socks off!

Teriyaki Salmon with Sriracha Cream Sauce

Prep Time 45 minutes

Cook Time 30 minutes

Total Time 1 hour, 15 minutes

Yield 2 servings

An easy salmon dish with homemade teriyaki sauce and a Sriracha cream sauce that will knock your socks off!

Ingredients

1 tablespoon cornstarch
1/4 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup brown sugar, packed
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
2 tablespoons honey
2 salmon filets
For the Sriracha cream sauce
1/2 cup mayonnaise
2-3 tablespoons Sriracha*
1 1/2 tablespoons sweetened condensed milk

Instructions

To make the Sriracha cream sauce, whisk together mayonnaise, 2 tablespoons Sriracha and condensed milk in a small bowl; set aside.
In a small bowl, whisk together cornstarch and 1/4 cup water; set aside.
In a small saucepan over medium heat, add soy sauce, brown sugar, ginger, garlic powder, honey and 1 cup water; bring to a simmer. Stir in cornstarch mixture until thickened enough to coat the back of a spoon, about 2 minutes; let cool to room temperature.
In a gallon size Ziploc bag or large bowl, combine teriyaki marinade and salmon filets; marinate for at least 30 minutes to overnight, turning the bag occasionally.
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Lightly coat an 8Ă—8 baking dish with nonstick spray.
Place salmon filets along with the marinade onto prepared baking dish and bake until the fish flakes easily with a fork, about 20 minutes.
Serve salmon immediately with Sriracha cream sauce.

Notes

Adapted from The Boogie Blog
*Sriracha is an Asian-style hot chili sauce and can be found in the Asian section of your local grocery store.

P40E

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Nov 4, 2012
So my wife loved it but I didn't. I'm not a seafood eater and wanted to use this dish to be able to say "at least I tried."

I'm gonna try it with chicken next time.
Salmon not really seafood inland although I do believe they were introduced here from fish off the coasts . To me salmon is too gamey tasting . Try some tilapia with like a lemony butter sauce . Or some walleye fried with some really good breading on the outside . I bet you would like that . :bigthumb:

deviantlx

TCG Elite Member
Apr 20, 2008
Salmon not really seafood inland although I do believe they were introduced here from fish off the coasts . To me salmon is too gamey tasting . Try some tilapia with like a lemony butter sauce . Or some walleye fried with some really good breading on the outside . I bet you would like that . :bigthumb:

agreed. here is a dish that almost anyone who says they don't like fish will like. my wife hates fish and now this is one of her favorite dishes.

Tortilla Crusted Tilapia Recipe - Food.com - 153647

ChrisRac

Still not Italian
TCG Premium
Jan 31, 2008
Gilbert, AZ
Real Name
I Think That’s Obvious

For me, if it lived in the water, I won't go near it. Except for beer-battered halibut and fried calamari. I just tried a sushi roll for my first time about a month ago and wanted to give salmon a shot too and see if my tastebuds for that changed.

P40E

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Nov 4, 2012
For me, if it lived in the water, I won't go near it. Except for beer-battered halibut and fried calamari. I just tried a sushi roll for my first time about a month ago and wanted to give salmon a shot too and see if my tastebuds for that changed.

I was going to mention Halibut as being a very good tasting fish , but I figured if you seen what they look like you'd freak out . hahaha . Halibut is good hangover day food . Tastes so good and soft texture easy to eat . :)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info