Favorite kitchen tools, utensils, gizmos, and gadgets.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
In the other thread, I mentioned some of my favorite kitchen tools...

My butcher block is one of my favorite things in my kitchen.

1488667_10153953479615068_1727775842_n.jpg

I also must mention this is probably one of my favorite kitchen accessories also... my butcher block. This thing is useful as fuck and I love it. Perfect height for me for preparing/cutting/etc

6155pLafYcL._SL1500_.jpg

I also love little weird gizmos I have that just make cooking awesome...

I like this ground beef chopper dealio I have a lot.

cookingfiletsaucesoup+020.JPG

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
When we aquire our house, I will want new cookware for sure. We got the cheapie stuff from Target for basic pans, and she got a huge 14 inch pan from some kitchen toy party. I want at least 2 cast irons. Would be afraid someone would use soap on them though.

I actually forgot about one toy. Got it from my grandma. A kitchen slicer. Fruits, veggies, potatoes, anything you can fit in it.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
my big thing lately for breakfast has been making a big batch of breakfast burritos for the week...

this batch I did a diced jalepeno, some cut up tomato and green pepper and onion, turkey ground breakfast sausage, and 18 eggs scrambled, then I mix it all together and roll them into burritos and then real quick pan fry both sides of them with my lodge skillet & press (like this:)
41BCH908ZTL.jpg

I watched a few youtube videos on how to roll burritos- mainly by high college students it seemed and have gotten rollin' burritos down pretty fucking good.

20140316_134818_zpsr9rojswt.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Ti28

Cupcake
TCG Premium
Jan 23, 2013
Bartlett
I want at least 2 cast irons. Would be afraid someone would use soap on them though.

We wash ours normally with soap. Then we hand dry them, then throw them on the stove top on high to dry them out. Once cooled we spray a little pam on them then whip it off. Then into storage they go.

Never had a rust issue and they are seasoned nicely.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
We wash ours normally with soap. Then we hand dry them, then throw them on the stove top on high to dry them out. Once cooled we spray a little pam on them then whip it off. Then into storage they go.

Never had a rust issue and they are seasoned nicely.

I don't wash mine evaaaar

when I'm done cooking I wipe it out with a wet paper towel or wash cloth and then i wipe it down on the inside with a very little olive oil and leave it right on my cooktop ready to go for next time

wombat

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Sep 29, 2007
WI
Let's see...

Pizzazz, great for anything frozen (not meats).

Hamilton Beach breakfast sandwich maker, fucking awesome! works just as it's advertised.

My two crock pots, and then my deep fryer. George Foreman works great for turkey burgers, just put them in there and leave them alone for 10 minutes, I've only used it like 3 times but now that it's nicer out, grillin' time.

And lastly, this cheapo kitchen cart. Works great for everything I need, has a cutting board in it and I have my toaster oven and microwave ontop of it.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info