đź”– Deals (CL) 2011 GT500 Eaton SC, Throttle body, Plenum 1100 miles - $500 (Downers Grove)

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
Joel
That is a steal of a price for that Cobra blower though.

Flip side, How much are LS1 headers compared to "good" 3800 headers?

Do they even make "good" 3800 headers these days? I though slp and togs were done? But they were like $700 right? Good lsx headers are in the $1000-1200 range I'd say.

I wonder what it takes to get this blower on a 4.6 or if it's even possible. 2.1L is gonna move some air

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
ZZP is probably your best bet. You can get your hands on SLP headers on ebay, but Id rather go the ZZP route. Still never seen a set of them in person.

Ive seen cheap LSX headers that arent paceshitter for $500ish. Hell, you can get Edelbrock 5.0 shit for dirt ass cheap.

Bob Kazamakis

TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
Joel
ZZP is probably your best bet. You can get your hands on SLP headers on ebay, but Id rather go the ZZP route. Still never seen a set of them in person.

Ive seen cheap LSX headers that arent paceshitter for $500ish. Hell, you can get Edelbrock 5.0 shit for dirt ass cheap.

We put $250 eBay stainless headers on my friends 98 firebird. They fit awesome. What's this have to do with this thread? :rofl: I'm lost

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
That is a steal of a price for that Cobra blower though.

Flip side, How much are LS1 headers compared to "good" 3800 headers?

Well to compare apples to apples. Pacesetters headers for 3800 are $379 via ZZP and pacesetter headers for a LS1 are $349 via speed INC. Im not talking adding coating or downpipe/y-pipe/x-pipe. Just the headers.

Bob Kazamakis

TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
Joel
Well to compare apples to apples. Pacesetters headers for 3800 are $379 via ZZP and pacesetter headers for a LS1 are $349 via speed INC. Im not talking adding coating or downpipe/y-pipe/x-pipe. Just the headers.

Do ls1 pacesetters work with a stock Y? If not I think that needs to be included.

machausta

Slow VW driver
Sep 18, 2009
Eastern Tennessee
Do they even make "good" 3800 headers these days? I though slp and togs were done? But they were like $700 right? Good lsx headers are in the $1000-1200 range I'd say.

I wonder what it takes to get this blower on a 4.6 or if it's even possible. 2.1L is gonna move some air

I'm sure if TorkTech doesn't make an adapter yet, then they will.

Here's the adapter to put a Terminator blower onto PI heads (can be adapted to fit NPI).

http://shop.torktech.com/99-04gtsupercharger-lesskitusinga0304cobrablower-1.aspx

greasy

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2007
There's nothing wrong with stock blowers. As long as you size the blower to your engine, a stock blower is just as good as anything aftermarket and in many cases, easier to retrofit.

The Eaton from the Cobra generates tons of heat and has limited power capabilities. The cost of the kit is a valid question based on those factors alone. Why by a stock blower with limited capabilities when you can drop a little extra coin and grow within a setup of an aftermarket kit, makes sense to me. Retrofitting is a non-issue with the Mustang since the almost all aftermarket kits are designed to work in stock locations.

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
The Eaton from the Cobra generates tons of heat and has limited power capabilities. The cost of the kit is a valid question based on those factors alone. Why by a stock blower with limited capabilities when you can drop a little extra coin and grow within a setup of an aftermarket kit, makes sense to me. Retrofitting is a non-issue with the Mustang since the almost all aftermarket kits are designed to work in stock locations.
On that application, perhaps but for other applications, it's more blower than would ever be needed. As I noted, if you pick the proper size blower for your engine, a stock setup will perform just as well as anything else.

syP

Not Banned
May 24, 2007
Downers Grove, Illinois

The same reason Mustang headers and Civic headers are probably the cheapest... and g8 headers (dont even get me started on european cars) are the most expensive... 1,500,000+ cars on the road compared to 200,000.

machausta

Slow VW driver
Sep 18, 2009
Eastern Tennessee

Yes the Heaton blower on a 2v cost vs performance is a valid question. The Tork tech kit is $1950 shipped and the blower can be had for about $400 on ebay, and they put down enough boost to be a worthwhile option but you can pick up a Vortech supercharger for about the same money without producing anywhere near as much heat.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info