đź”– Deals Seems like a good deal to me??

Freebeer187

The Bolt Rounder
Feb 2, 2009
Schaumburg
Laptop

Product Features

* Intel® Pentium® processor T4300
Features an 800MHz frontside bus, 1MB L2 cache and 2.1GHz processor speed.
* 3GB DDR2 DIMM memory
For multitasking power, expandable to 4GB.
* Multiformat DVD±RW/CD-RW drive with double-layer support
Records up to 8.5GB of data or 4 hours of video using compatible media; also supports LightScribe direct-disc labels using compatible LightScribe media.
* 15.6" high-definition widescreen display
With HP BrightView technology and 1366 x 768 resolution delivers intense detail and clarity.
* 320GB Serial ATA hard drive (5400 rpm)
Offers spacious storage and fast read/write times.

2.1 GHz!? 1MB Cache?... Its a weak dual core. Slow and very outdated for what you are paying. 320GB HDD is a big woop. 3GB DDR2.... Once again big woop. 500GB HDD can run easily less than $80 and 4GB of so dimm memory can once again run under $80.

That laptop is weak sauce.

COMPUTER:
Product Features

* AMD Athlon™ II 250* dual-core processor
For true multicore performance, optimized to deliver the benefits of Windows 7. AMD PowerNow!™ 3.0 and Cool'n'Quiet™ technologies for a cool, quiet and energy-efficient PC.
* 4GB PC3-8500 DDR3 SDRAM
For multitasking power.
* Multiformat DVD±RW/CD-RW drive with double-layer support
Records up to 8.5GB of data or 4 hours of video using compatible media. Supports DVD-RAM and LightScribe direct-disc labels using compatible LightScribe media.
* 2MB L2 cache memory
For efficient system processing.
* 640GB Serial ATA hard drive
Offers spacious storage and fast read/write times.

Its got an AMD Dual core running at 3 GHz. Not bad.
2MB Cache. Not the best.
4GB PC3-8500 DDR3 SDRAM - We like this. This is up to date.

This computer is not bad. You can get a much stronger bang for your buck if u custom build a computer.

Overall I guess its a good deal. If you really need all this stuff I would consider this as an option but I would stay away. Or you could forget the lame laptop and custom build a PC. If you need help lemme know.

Freebeer187

The Bolt Rounder
Feb 2, 2009
Schaumburg
I shop laptop prices alot, that laptop probably costs $399. Its a dual core Celeron. You call it weaksauce, but really what do you expect from a lowcost laptop?

Judging by the SPECS of the laptop this leads me to come to the conclusion that this laptop is:

WEAKSAUCE.

I expect someone who is buying a new laptop to spend a little extra cash and get a fast dual core or a nice quad core. Faster memory, acceptable sized HDD etc. A 2.1GHz celeron is crap. Period.

TonzKnock-G

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 9, 2007
Shitcago
yeah i didnt read too much into all the specs... just SEEMED like a good deal.....

Why do people always compare a store bought pc to a build it yourself pc... its pointless. 1 in 100 people are going to actually build their own computer..lolz I would never build a pc for someone cuz then you have to deal with all the questions and problems if any arise.... and problems do happen with built pc's....even using quality parts.

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
Judging by the SPECS of the laptop this leads me to come to the conclusion that this laptop is:

WEAKSAUCE.

I expect someone who is buying a new laptop to spend a little extra cash and get a fast dual core or a nice quad core. Faster memory, acceptable sized HDD etc. A 2.1GHz celeron is crap. Period.

It would be more than enough for basic computer tasks. You pay for what you get in the computer world. If you a quad-core laptop you are going to spend a G note.

Freebeer187

The Bolt Rounder
Feb 2, 2009
Schaumburg
yeah i didnt read too much into all the specs... just SEEMED like a good deal.....

Why do people always compare a store bought pc to a build it yourself pc... its pointless. 1 in 100 people are going to actually build their own computer..lolz I would never build a pc for someone cuz then you have to deal with all the questions and problems if any arise.... and problems do happen with built pc's....even using quality parts.

Tonz our views are diffrent, but I think you do not fully understand what goes into a custom built pc. No its not pointless. A DIY pc is 1. not that hard to build and 2. Yes you do get a much better bang for your buck. Its that simple. Its not rocket science. You have a wide variety of choices to meet your needs.

If the computer is built correctly then problems that the customer has will go through the manufacture (which companys have telephone/email support) if its hardware. Software is not related to the person who built the computer. You should always inform the buyer of the terms of support you will be giving them. If a problem occurs durring the warranty period then you have to fix it. Of course, if the system gives your problems you can take it back to where you bought it, BUT wouldn't this be the same scenario as a automotive repair?

Install a new engine in a car and a year later if its knocking you take it back to the mechanic. He has the same responsibility as the person making the computer.

Not to mention you sometimes are paying for software that you do not need/want. Sometimes you are paying for a new license of an operating system when your old computer's is transferable.

It would be more than enough for basic computer tasks. You pay for what you get in the computer world. If you a quad-core laptop you are going to spend a G note.

Its about having some respect for yourself and doing it right. Get a nice computer so in 5 years it still could be used. Buying a low end dual core will be outdated in years to come and you will be struggling with a slow computer.

If this computer meets your needs and you like it then buy it! He asked about the computers and I gave him what I thought about the specs.

TonzKnock-G

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 9, 2007
Shitcago
Tonz our views are diffrent, but I think you do not fully understand what goes into a custom built pc. No its not pointless. A DIY pc is 1. not that hard to build and 2. Yes you do get a much better bang for your buck. Its that simple. Its not rocket science. You have a wide variety of choices to meet your needs.

If the computer is built correctly then problems that the customer has will go through the manufacture (which companys have telephone/email support) if its hardware. Software is not related to the person who built the computer. You should always inform the buyer of the terms of support you will be giving them. If a problem occurs durring the warranty period then you have to fix it and leave.

LOL, Im not saying its hard, I can do it with one eye and one hand while getting a blow job. Im talking about the every day person who's trying to get a pc. If I were to build a pc for some average joe shmo then they would expect me to deal with any issue that may arise software or hardware. You would be surpised how much a person can fuck something up without even knowing. Hardware, yeah you can send it back under warranty but your normal everyday person does not want to have to deal with all that. They would rather drive to the store drop it off and say fix it.

For MYSELF, I could build/setup the best network out there. BUT FOR WHAT? All I do is surf and occassionally download. Whats the point? IT IS POINTLESS... FOR ME. All I need is for my PS3 to get online, my laptop to get online, and my desktop to get online. ALL for basic browsing and some downloading. I have a ACER laptop that has a so called shitty processor, shitty 1GB Ram, shitty 80GB HD, shitty everything. You know what though, it has given me practically ZERO problems for almost 2 years and its all I need for what I do. Thats all im saying.

If you need a pc that has all the extras then of course a custom is better and cheaper. For the normal person who just wants to be cool its pointless cause they would probably never take advantage of most of it. Anyone could be like sools and have a quad core, 6GB Ram, 2Tb hd, top of the line video/audio card, just to go on the interwebs and get banned everywhere.. :s00ls:

Freebeer187

The Bolt Rounder
Feb 2, 2009
Schaumburg
LOL, Im not saying its hard, I can do it with one eye and one hand while getting a blow job. Im talking about the every day person who's trying to get a pc. If I were to build a pc for some average joe shmo then they would expect me to deal with any issue that may arise software or hardware. You would be surpised how much a person can fuck something up without even knowing. Hardware, yeah you can send it back under warranty but your normal everyday person does not want to have to deal with all that. They would rather drive to the store drop it off and say fix it.

For MYSELF, I could build/setup the best network out there. BUT FOR WHAT? All I do is surf and occassionally download. Whats the point? IT IS POINTLESS... FOR ME. All I need is for my PS3 to get online, my laptop to get online, and my desktop to get online. ALL for basic browsing and some downloading. I have a ACER laptop that has a so called shitty processor, shitty 1GB Ram, shitty 80GB HD, shitty everything. You know what though, it has given me practically ZERO problems for almost 2 years and its all I need for what I do. Thats all im saying.

If you need a pc that has all the extras then of course a custom is better and cheaper. For the normal person who just wants to be cool its pointless cause they would probably never take advantage of most of it. Anyone could be like sools and have a quad core, 6GB Ram, 2Tb hd, top of the line video/audio card, just to go on the interwebs and get banned everywhere.. :s00ls:

I agree, but allot of people are not aware of custom built computers therfore I gave my input. I don't know if your a linux guru or geek squads best customer. Im just explaining what I think based off of my experience and what I think of the situation.

What's the problem with HP laptops??? Well besides the limited room of upgrading RAM.

Generally speaking there are better quality laptops other than HP. HP is known to make low quality laptops and always going to the lowest bidder. I cant speak for every laptop made, but based on what we get at my work HP laptops are the most common. Generally they motherboards go out and the customer isnt notified of the recall for the system.

TonzKnock-G

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 9, 2007
Shitcago
I agree, but allot of people are not aware of custom built computers therfore I gave my input. I don't know if your a linux guru or geek squads best customer. Im just explaining what I think based off of my experience and what I think of the situation.

Its all good! You're right, custom is the best bang for you buck. At the same time its not for everyone. Which is why i posted this deal. It might be perfect for some average user!

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
Its about having some respect for yourself and doing it right. Get a nice computer so in 5 years it still could be used. Buying a low end dual core will be outdated in years to come and you will be struggling with a slow computer.

If this computer meets your needs and you like it then buy it! He asked about the computers and I gave him what I thought about the specs.

Respect for yourself? :hs: I'm sorry but technology gets outdated, whether you buy low end or high end shit. There is always going to be something better.

importcrew

Forum Sponsor
TCG Premium
Jan 26, 2008
Hampshire

Generally speaking there are better quality laptops other than HP. HP is known to make low quality laptops and always going to the lowest bidder. I cant speak for every laptop made, but based on what we get at my work HP laptops are the most common. Generally they motherboards go out and the customer isnt notified of the recall for the system.

Hmm. Years ago I bought an HP laptop. The Pavilion zv5000 model. I'm actually on it right now. I still have it and still runs farely well. Well with all the crap that I have on it. I'm thinking of doing a fresh install of XP. But This laptop still runs pretty well for something this old. Haven't had major issues. Maybe I'm the lucky few. :dunno: But on a side note, I do agree that there are better than HP. At the time I bought it, this model was up there compared to other similar laptops. It wasn't cheap neither for the time.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info