đź”– Deals 3 pack of 6' hdmi cables for $6.99

Primalzer

TCG Elite Member
Sep 14, 2006
I've been watching slickdeals, I just picked up a 3-pack for $6 including shipping. What the hell is AWG, and all this other business? I've heard that HDMI cables are basically the same and that there isn't going to be much difference between the "good" ones and these $2 ones.

Freebeer187

The Bolt Rounder
Feb 2, 2009
Schaumburg
I've been watching slickdeals, I just picked up a 3-pack for $6 including shipping. What the hell is AWG, and all this other business? I've heard that HDMI cables are basically the same and that there isn't going to be much difference between the "good" ones and these $2 ones.

30 AWG is very thin. I use it for modchip installs on the smallest of solder points. HDMI needs thick wire for all of the data transfer is performs. 30AWG is like sucking a triple thick milkshake out of a straw you use to stir coffee.

Granted for basic use it probably would work. I don't know if it necessarily will give you a lower quality picture, I do know that high end TV's and other components will not work with wire that slim.

I would suggest to get your HDMI cables here:
http://www.monoprice.com/products/subdepartment.asp?c_id=102&cp_id=10240

Notice there is no 30awg. It exists on the website but it is under "mini hdmi".

Primalzer

TCG Elite Member
Sep 14, 2006
Meh, took one over to my buddies house, he has a 60" Mitsu 1080p TV and we used the wire with his PS3 and it worked great, no problems in quality over the Monster he had in before it. I think for the average consumer, these are good enough, no need to buy the $40 ones, but once the TV's start to move up to the 1440p with peripheral support, maybe get some heavier gauge wire.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info