đź”– Deals Tire Mounting and balancing

chris101

TCG Elite Member
Jun 25, 2009
Mt. Prospect, IL
Real Name
yes
Depending on what you have (We can't handle everything so we ask first)

..we have our own tire mounting and balancing machine in our garage and offer limited mounting and balancing (I say limited because we are not a shop, can't handle runflats, SUV/Truck wheels/tires, anything with TPMS and some specific size/tire/wheel combos)

Anyway, if we can handle it, our policy is as follows:

cash deal only
we do not touch anyones car so you have to provide us loose tires/wheels
we do not take your old tires *you have to throw away on your own

Remember we are not a shop so if you are concerned about insurance, etc. we are not who you want to talk to.

Anyway, our cost breakdown is as follows for simple jobs:

$5 to dismount a tire from a wheel
$5 to mount a tire to a wheel
$5 to balance a tire to a wheel (price goes up if excessive weights used as weights are NOT cheap)

Valve stems are $1.25 each (standard rubber valve stem)

chris101

TCG Elite Member
Jun 25, 2009
Mt. Prospect, IL
Real Name
yes
This would have been for a 17x11 rim.

haven't done that wide yet but I don't see why we couldn't.. wider is easier (not more difficult) for the most part...

The type of thing we wont' touch is something like a 225 on a 6" wide rim (stuffing wider tires on skinny rims not so easy to do unless you have $30k hunter equipment with plenty of aid arms and we only have 1 extra aid arm on our setup)

We also won't touch the 'stretched' look (if that is even still the 'in scene' I'm not sure).. so no we won't mount a 205 on an 8" or wider rim for that 'stretch' fitment either.

..and then things like runflat tires (or other ultra stiff sidewall tires) is something that requires a specialized run-flat mount machine (big money) that we don't have.

chris101

TCG Elite Member
Jun 25, 2009
Mt. Prospect, IL
Real Name
yes
My buddy may need your services to dismount old tires and mount new tires on 2 rims... I will let him know and get back to you. (275/40/17 tire on 9.5" wide rims) He lives in Mt. Prospect also.

okay.. just LMK.. that shouldn't be a problem..

we are around this evening if its something he wanted/needed asap...:bigthumb:

chris101

TCG Elite Member
Jun 25, 2009
Mt. Prospect, IL
Real Name
yes
yup, we use our machines often for track use (so we obviously can't have out-of-balance wheels when hitting 130+ mph at road america for example!) so all good here!

Every so often we encounter a wheel that we have a difficult time balancing but so far it has only happened on a stock Taurus wheel (family owned car so we know to turn down stock taurus aluminum rims now) but every thing else (especially aftermarket wheels) balance out great!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• chris101
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list