User Tag List

Like Tree9Likes

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11-26-2012, 07:55 AM   #1
ScottyB's Avatar  
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 80
 
ScottyB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 80
Casino cash: $4778100
0.02 per day
Default Anyone have the hookup at apple?

Looking to buy an ipad soon. Anyone work there or that can get a discount? Would greatly appreciate it!!
ScottyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 07:57 AM   #2
PANDA's Avatar  
Join Date: May 2007
Location: FRG
Posts: 34,148
 
PANDA's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: FRG
Posts: 34,148
Casino cash: $60871500
7.64 per day
Default

Apple does not give discounts/sales on anything...

Look on clist
TCG Member 5219 likes this.
__________________
PANDA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 07:58 AM   #3
tinfoilhat's Avatar
TCG Conspiracy Lead Investigator
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Riding the Hubble
Posts: 36,930
TCG Conspiracy Lead Investigator
 
tinfoilhat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Riding the Hubble
Posts: 36,930
Casino cash: $179246501
8.35 per day
Default

Good luck getting a discount. More like they will give you a gift card to buy more of their overpriced stuff
__________________
"It's never too cold for swamp ass."

XBO - NinjaTurtlThong

tinfoilhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 08:21 AM   #4
ScottyB's Avatar  
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 80
 
ScottyB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 80
Casino cash: $4778100
0.02 per day
Default

Yea i wouldnt buy one for myself, way too expensive. But my girlfriend wants one so i figured itd make a good xmas gift. Its a long shot but ya never know. Im sure they offer an employee discount, maybe...
ScottyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 08:28 AM   #5
Burtonrider10022's Avatar  
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Posts: 13,048
 
Burtonrider10022's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Posts: 13,048
Casino cash: $13490161
3.11 per day
Default

Seriously, google it. Apple doesn't discount shit.

Pm Mike K. He used to buy/sell apple shit iirc so he might have something you want.
__________________
2011 Outlander Sport SE 4WD
Burtonrider10022 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 08:32 AM   #6
Mike K's Avatar
Forum Sponsor
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 12,799
Forum Sponsor
 
Mike K's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 12,799
Casino cash: $46241708
3.09 per day
Default

Do a Google search for "refurbished apple" and it should be the first link. Apple sells the refurbished returns with a 12 month warranty. They're just as good as new.
True Blue 2294 likes this.
Mike K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 08:38 AM   #7
muskie's Avatar  
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Palatine
Posts: 1,611
 
muskie's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Palatine
Posts: 1,611
Casino cash: $15153649
0.54 per day
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottyB View Post
Yea i wouldnt buy one for myself, way too expensive. But my girlfriend wants one so i figured itd make a good xmas gift. Its a long shot but ya never know. Im sure they offer an employee discount, maybe...
Apple employees get one discount per year for themselves at like 10% and one for a family member at like 5%. Good luck finding someone who would give that up.

Your best bet would be to look for someone selling an apple gift card. Can save some bucks there.
__________________
2018 Toyota Tacoma TRD Off-Road
muskie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 08:50 AM   #8
ScottyB's Avatar  
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 80
 
ScottyB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 80
Casino cash: $4778100
0.02 per day
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by muskie View Post
Your best bet would be to look for someone selling an apple gift card. Can save some bucks there.
Yea I thought of that. But you can use the card online and my luck i buy it for a cheaper price and the guy copies the info and goes and uses it online right after i buy it. Its hard to trust people on craigslist. Anyone here have one???
ScottyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 08:54 AM   #9
muskie's Avatar  
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Palatine
Posts: 1,611
 
muskie's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Palatine
Posts: 1,611
Casino cash: $15153649
0.54 per day
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottyB View Post
Yea I thought of that. But you can use the card online and my luck i buy it for a cheaper price and the guy copies the info and goes and uses it online right after i buy it. Its hard to trust people on craigslist. Anyone here have one???
There are PINs that are on the cards. They have to be scratched off.
muskie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 09:01 AM   #10
ScottyB's Avatar  
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 80
 
ScottyB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 80
Casino cash: $4778100
0.02 per day
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by muskie View Post
There are PINs that are on the cards. They have to be scratched off.
Didnt think of that. I dont use gift cards very often. Hmm
ScottyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 09:10 AM   #11
PANDA's Avatar  
Join Date: May 2007
Location: FRG
Posts: 34,148
 
PANDA's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: FRG
Posts: 34,148
Casino cash: $60871500
7.64 per day
Default

Apple does not give a fuck about employee's or anything but profit really.
PANDA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 10:24 AM   #12
Mike K's Avatar
Forum Sponsor
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 12,799
Forum Sponsor
 
Mike K's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 12,799
Casino cash: $46241708
3.09 per day
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PANDA View Post
Apple does not give a fuck about employee's or anything but profit really.
You just described 95% of public companies.
SinisterSHO likes this.
Mike K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 06:28 PM   #13
Turtle's Avatar  
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 679
 
Turtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 679
Casino cash: $13092400
0.22 per day
Default

I used a student discount. It wasn't much but like everyone says they don't give u deals/sales or w/e so its a win.
Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 07:42 PM   #14
LaneLander's Avatar  
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Park Ridge, IL
Posts: 978
 
LaneLander's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Park Ridge, IL
Posts: 978
Casino cash: $5298301
0.29 per day
Default

I got a refurbished Ipad it was not too bad. Just remember to get one with a warranty and TEST EVERYTHING before your first 14 days is up. We tried to sell the refurbished units at work but there is not enough profit in them.
LaneLander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 08:27 PM   #15
deviantlx's Avatar  
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 1,812
 
deviantlx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 1,812
Casino cash: $6425000
0.44 per day
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PANDA View Post
Apple does not give discounts/sales on anything...

Look on clist


that statement is incorrect. my company just ordered 500 ipads and apple discounted them quite a bit.


i know when we did the prelims we ordered 10 and the schaumburg apple store knocked 55 off the price and gave us a 50 dollar gift card for each ipad.
deviantlx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 08:52 PM   #16
TCG Member 5219's Avatar  
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 12,450
 
TCG Member 5219's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 12,450
Casino cash: $51139698
2.37 per day
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PANDA View Post
Apple does not give discounts/sales on anything...

Look on clist
The second I read the thread title, this was the first thing that came to my mind almost verbatim.
TCG Member 5219 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 08:57 AM   #17
PANDA's Avatar  
Join Date: May 2007
Location: FRG
Posts: 34,148
 
PANDA's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: FRG
Posts: 34,148
Casino cash: $60871500
7.64 per day
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by deviantlx View Post
that statement is incorrect. my company just ordered 500 ipads and apple discounted them quite a bit.


i know when we did the prelims we ordered 10 and the schaumburg apple store knocked 55 off the price and gave us a 50 dollar gift card for each ipad.
I'm going to guess this guy does not need 500 of them.
TCG Member 5219 likes this.
PANDA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 10:46 AM   #18
deviantlx's Avatar  
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 1,812
 
deviantlx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 1,812
Casino cash: $6425000
0.44 per day
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PANDA View Post
I'm going to guess this guy does not need 500 of them.


no shit????

the point is, to say apple doesn't offer discounts is simply not true.
deviantlx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 10:59 AM   #19
TCG Member 5219's Avatar  
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 12,450
 
TCG Member 5219's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 12,450
Casino cash: $51139698
2.37 per day
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by deviantlx View Post
no shit????

the point is, to say apple doesn't offer discounts is simply not true.
It is true. No retail discounts are given. Whole sale or bulk sales do not count. What you are saying in this discussion holds no water whatsoever with anyone here.
ilikemtb999 likes this.
TCG Member 5219 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 11:51 AM   #20
deviantlx's Avatar  
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 1,812
 
deviantlx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 1,812
Casino cash: $6425000
0.44 per day
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZXMustang View Post
It is true. No retail discounts are given. Whole sale or bulk sales do not count. What you are saying in this discussion holds no water whatsoever with anyone here.


No retail discounts are given.? Ummm yeah, ok. Maybe not for one unit, but they are definitely given. We bought the test units right out the Schaumburg apple store. That's not retail?


What I'm saying is based on my fact on an open public forum. Don't like it, don't read it.

If I was more computer savvy I would post the receipt from our purchase but at this point its moot anyways.

Op. good luck with your purchase.
deviantlx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 12:33 PM   #21
skeezer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Luke's Beef
Posts: 30,253
 
skeezer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Luke's Beef
Posts: 30,253
Casino cash: $24779900
7.13 per day
Default

lol

goddamn know it alls
SinisterSHO likes this.
__________________
2016 Corvette Stingray Z51
skeezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 12:37 PM   #22
blakbearddelite's Avatar
I'm not one of your 'shit-hole' buddies!
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: South Elgin, IL
Posts: 24,645
I'm not one of your 'shit-hole' buddies!
 
blakbearddelite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: South Elgin, IL
Posts: 24,645
Casino cash: $14346504
5.56 per day
Default

I think they're just trying to say that unless you plan on purchasing about 500 iPads, you're not going to get any kind of discount. I don't think the OP is looking to buy more than one.
TCG Member 5219 likes this.
__________________
2015 Mustang GT - KB2.8 and other goodies
2015 Infiniti Q50
blakbearddelite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 12:45 PM   #23
TCG Member 5219's Avatar  
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 12,450
 
TCG Member 5219's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 12,450
Casino cash: $51139698
2.37 per day
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by blakbearddelite View Post
I think they're just trying to say that unless you plan on purchasing about 500 iPads, you're not going to get any kind of discount. I don't think the OP is looking to buy more than one.
It's comical that you have to spell this out for this guy.

TCG Member 5219 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 12:46 PM   #24
Mook's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Elgin
Posts: 160,925
 
Mook's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Elgin
Posts: 160,925
Casino cash: $203777000
36.01 per day
Default

So has anyone actually helped this guy out?
__________________
- TCG Owner & Operator -
Mook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 12:47 PM   #25
muskie's Avatar  
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Palatine
Posts: 1,611
 
muskie's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Palatine
Posts: 1,611
Casino cash: $15153649
0.54 per day
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by deviantlx View Post
No retail discounts are given.? Ummm yeah, ok. Maybe not for one unit, but they are definitely given. We bought the test units right out the Schaumburg apple store. That's not retail?


What I'm saying is based on my fact on an open public forum. Don't like it, don't read it.

If I was more computer savvy I would post the receipt from our purchase but at this point its moot anyways.

Op. good luck with your purchase.
I thought iPads read your mind and did everything for you? They are God's gift to the tech world aren't they?
radioguy6 likes this.
muskie is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:50 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.6 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
no new posts