Rumor: Honda Rzr killer, 120hp, 6 speed Talon SxS

Lead Pipe

TCG Sub-par Member
TCG Premium
Nov 4, 2010
Well this could be a game changer. Rumor says it will be a 1000 twin based on the Africa Twin with a 6 speed DCT. Supposed to be formally announced this fall.
IMG_2402.JPGIMG_2403.JPG

Lead Pipe

TCG Sub-par Member
TCG Premium
Nov 4, 2010
Maybe something to knock the RZRs off the throne?

:dunno: But Polaris better be concerned about this from Honda.

I think the X3 already did that but Polaris just fired back. I just hope Honda is putting as much effort into this as they are their MX bikes. They are so late to the market and consumers have been waiting so long that it has to be innnovative.

Looks as though they finally fixed the spelling of their club name. Good for them.

c3e71a89af19fbc5c5049740689f2b68.png

I loved reading all the comments from the idiots that said the pics were fake because the watermark was spelled wrong.

Lead Pipe

TCG Sub-par Member
TCG Premium
Nov 4, 2010
A Pioneer 1000-5 has always intrigued me. I'm just not at that point in my life yet. I feel it's the perfect machine for a family that wants to trail ride.

Once they release the Talon specs and price I have to make the decision to buy a new quad or wait for the Talon. I feel I'm about 5-7 years away from a Pioneer though.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
A Pioneer 1000-5 has always intrigued me. I'm just not at that point in my life yet. I feel it's the perfect machine for a family that wants to trail ride.

Once they release the Talon specs and price I have to make the decision to buy a new quad or wait for the Talon. I feel I'm about 5-7 years away from a Pioneer though.

1000-5 would work great in my neighborhood and around my house... ripping it to my boat, using it to plow, etc. but then also have the ability to rip trails on it- sweet- and the ability to hold 5 people comfortably without having something the length of a 4 door JK jeep is enticing.

I can't find it now but people on instagram were losing their minds over the Talon possibly being 20k and "only" 100hp NA

Lead Pipe

TCG Sub-par Member
TCG Premium
Nov 4, 2010
1000-5 would work great in my neighborhood and around my house... ripping it to my boat, using it to plow, etc. but then also have the ability to rip trails on it- sweet- and the ability to hold 5 people comfortably without having something the length of a 4 door JK jeep is enticing.

I can't find it now but people on instagram were losing their minds over the Talon possibly being 20k and "only" 100hp NA

Well I can see 20k. The YXZ makes 115hp and is a triple. The more I read about the Talon the more I believe the YXZ was the intended target. Anything less than 120 is a fail but it wouldn't surprised me. I have heard rumors that the motor will be based on the Africa twin DCT, it will be an upgraded Pioneer unit and it's a completely new motor that's basically 2 uni-cam 450's grafted together. The weakest option would be a tweaked Pioneer unit. The Africa twin makes 94hp and the Pioneer makes 72.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info