Street legal KTM 525 Supermoto craigslist find

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Figured it needed it's own thread :rofl:

https://milwaukee.craigslist.org/mcy/d/ktm-525-supermoto-street-legal/6501565420.html

These 525 SMR's came from KTM Ready to Race and were not supposed be registered for street use.

I managed to get it titled & registered here in Wisconsin as a standard motorcycle because the DMV person was new and didn't realize what she was looking at... which means it's 100% street-legal.

Anyway...

This bike is a beast... faster than any other dirtbike I've owned or ridden, ever.

Reconsider buying this bike if you are a new rider... it's seriously fast and the torque is instant.

Selling because I just don't have time to ride it.

Between trying to ride my Ducati and a Cafe Bike I have, I just don't have time for a third bike.

Purchased less than a year ago and have put about $2900.00 into:

<20 miles / <1 engine hour ago (KTM Dealer-Installed):
Brand New Warp9 Wire Wheels
Brand New Continental ContiAttack SM Tires (Front and Rear)
Oil Change with Motorex Synthentic
New Clutch Slave Cylinder Installed
Rebuild Clutch Master Cylinder
<50 miles / <4 engine hours ago (KTM Dealer Performed):
Top-End Rebuild by local KTM dealer (New Valve + Gaskets)

Also on the bike is:
FULL Titanium FMF Racing Exhaust
Moto-Master Big Brake Kit - Caliper + Rotor
KTM Steering Stabilizer
Custom SigSauer PGGripz Vinyl Graphics Kit
BajaDesigns Dual Sport Kit
Sliders
Kind of a neat fact about the bike is that the top end was rebuilt at a National KTM Mechanic Meeting that happens once a year in the US. KTM invites the head mechanic from each shop to come do tear downs / continuing education.

This means the engine was torn down by 10 of the best mechanics in the country and rebuilt there as well, over the course of their 4 day meeting.

Bike needs nothing mechanically. Lights / Signals / Etc all work properly.

I'm 32 years old and have it insured through Progressive for $56 per year, full coverage.

Bike does need rear turnsignals (mine were attached to the license place so when I took it off, I removed the signals as well.)

https://milwaukee.craigslist.org/mcy/d/ktm-525-supermoto-street-legal/6501565420.html

00C0C_cf4cpaS488F_1200x900.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info