Forum Register TCG Mobile Casino Live Posting Feed Garage Arcade Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   The Chicago Garage > The Garage > Boating & Powersports

User Tag List

Like Tree20Likes

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-15-2018, 01:49 PM   #1
Harbor Master
 
Yaj Yak's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 87,671
Casino cash: $142234000
19.77 per day
Default Kawasaki has a PWC with a larger factory blower than a GTP had... or a TERMINATOR

ohnohedidnt








Quote:
How Kawi Brings 310 BHP Out of a 1.5L Sportbike Engine
Can we just call this the Hellcat of Jet Skis? It needs a low-power key for the weak-willed, itís got a blower, and itís just about as irrational. What weíre talking about is the 310hp, 1,498cc four-banger in Kawasakiís Ultra 310-series of Jet Skis. Known internally as the JT1500LHF (LHF probably stands for the first thing out of your mouth at full-tilt: ďLike, holy f***!Ē), this water-cooled, DOHC, air-to-water-intercooled Jet Ski is electronically limited just under 70 mph, but with an Eaton TVS supercharger carrying a pulley that looks like it could be a few fractions of an inch smaller and a healthy aftermarket, we donít think itís an issue for those wanting a bit more insanity.

Starting with the companyís 210hp Ninja ZX-14R sportbike engine, Kawi strapped on a 2.0L, four-lobe TVS blower that feeds 16.8 psi of intercooled boost through a 60mm throttle-body. Inside, the water-jacketed cylinders are chrome-composite plated for durability and improved heat transfer. Those 1,498 ccís come from a bore and stroke of 83◊69.2mm, with twin oil squirters for each piston, and static compression comes in at 8.2:1.

been out for a while, i just never saw a pic of the engine... and then i did today and had to find out what s/c was on it... 2.0L tvs
__________________
01 525i
01 turbo pricks
13 gas 3500hd cclb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outlaw View Post
TCG: We pull vanity fair models in our F150ís because Teslaís are unsafe.
Yaj Yak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 01:50 PM   #2
Harbor Master
 
Yaj Yak's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 87,671
Casino cash: $142234000
19.77 per day
Default

Kawasaki
Yaj Yak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 01:51 PM   #3
Harbor Master
 
Yaj Yak's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 87,671
Casino cash: $142234000
19.77 per day
Default



Yaj Yak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 02:19 PM   #4
Some say.....
 
bikrboy128's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Wheaton
Posts: 10,601
Casino cash: $27101645
2.42 per day
Default

riding it you can hear blower whine too. it's pretty awesome
i wish i could justify the ridiculous price these command. i'd buy one in a heartbeat
__________________
06 M6 GTO - stock garage queen - sold
12 Acura MDX - winter beater
03 Honda S2000 - 100 grand under the hood
05 Kawasaki STX-15f - braaap
79 Kawasaki KZ750 vertical twin - old and slow
82 Honda VF750 Magna - old and slightly faster
bikrboy128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 02:27 PM   #5
Harbor Master
 
Yaj Yak's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 87,671
Casino cash: $142234000
19.77 per day
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikrboy128 View Post
riding it you can hear blower whine too. it's pretty awesome
i wish i could justify the ridiculous price these command. i'd buy one in a heartbeat
i wonder how they ride, seeing as how some small boats weigh the same


kinda surprised they don't have a higher top speed when modded either... i mean stage one kits on the riva seadoo's and yamaha's are mid to upper 70s if not 80s... the kaw is 73
Yaj Yak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 02:55 PM   #6
Some say.....
 
bikrboy128's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Wheaton
Posts: 10,601
Casino cash: $27101645
2.42 per day
Default

i'm not familiar with these, if i look into it too much i'll end up buying one but with 300hp i would think an impeller and tune would send this damn close to 80. the SC looks belt driven, which means pulley swap would be possible too.

new they start over $15k. $18k for a loaded one
98GrandPrixIraqVet likes this.
bikrboy128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 02:57 PM   #7
Harbor Master
 
Yaj Yak's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 87,671
Casino cash: $142234000
19.77 per day
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikrboy128 View Post
i'm not familiar with these, if i look into it too much i'll end up buying one but with 300hp i would think an impeller and tune would send this damn close to 80. the SC looks belt driven, which means pulley swap would be possible too.

new they start over $15k. $18k for a loaded one
https://rivaracing.com/i-18699330-ul...age-1-kit.html



Quote:
Stage 1 73 MPH @ 7,800 RPM
bikrboy128 likes this.
Yaj Yak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 03:02 PM   #8
Some say.....
 
bikrboy128's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Wheaton
Posts: 10,601
Casino cash: $27101645
2.42 per day
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaj Yak View Post
per the comments

Q: Is there anyway you can make the ski faster?

A: The Kawasaki 310 is a very powerful and stable ski. But the hull design seriously limits the top speed potential of the ski. To get a 310 to go more than 75 MPH is very difficult and very expensive.


makes sense tho. it's a very stable ski
bikrboy128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 03:05 PM   #9
The Throttle is ur friend
 
Spivitz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: 60191
Posts: 21,230
Casino cash: $1156076300
8.58 per day
Default

Everyone needs a 310hp jet ski.


__________________
2008 AWD Forged 365 SS
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland Summit Hemi
2005 88ci Scoot
Spivitz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 03:11 PM   #10
 
jason05gt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Garfield Park
Posts: 12,735
Casino cash: $46416040
2.79 per day
Default

GP1800R>
jason05gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 07:18 AM   #11
Harbor Master
 
Yaj Yak's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 87,671
Casino cash: $142234000
19.77 per day
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikrboy128 View Post
per the comments

Q: Is there anyway you can make the ski faster?

A: The Kawasaki 310 is a very powerful and stable ski. But the hull design seriously limits the top speed potential of the ski. To get a 310 to go more than 75 MPH is very difficult and very expensive.


makes sense tho. it's a very stable ski

interesting. i want to ride one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason05gt View Post
GP1800R>
i kinda feel similarly. although the doodads and gadgets on the new seadoos are pretty neat...

and stage 1 300 seadoo vs stage 1 gp1800r looks like both ~80 mph rides. which is neat.
Yaj Yak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 07:19 AM   #12
Harbor Master
 
Yaj Yak's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 87,671
Casino cash: $142234000
19.77 per day
Default

i just think it's so funny that yamaha's pwc division is like LIGHTWEIGHT EVERYTHING IS THE ANSWER!!!!

meanwhile their snowmobiles are like FUGGIT, WHO CARES WHAT IT WEIGHS, THROW MORE PAH AT IT
Chester Copperpot likes this.
Yaj Yak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 07:23 AM   #13
I haz dat teddy bear smile.
 
10sec's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 22,992
Casino cash: $88878925
5.74 per day
Default

IT'nit?
__________________
2005 S2000
10sec is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 08:49 AM   #14
This is my safe space
 
OffshoreDrilling's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Chicago
Posts: 29,007
Casino cash: $127891000
6.69 per day
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaj Yak View Post
ohnohedidnt











been out for a while, i just never saw a pic of the engine... and then i did today and had to find out what s/c was on it... 2.0L tvs

Larger because marine engines operate without a transmission. Thereís a fancy engineering term (adiabatic/isentropic efficiency) for the characteristics of the volume, pressure and temperature gain of the air that correlates to the blower curve. Itís got to be making relatively cool air at WOT under load to not melt the engine down and I imagine they accomplish that mostly by using a larger blower. Just like crazy boat motors that are 800ci+ with blowers making 1000+ hp on pump gas on 7lbs of boost.
__________________
I recently had a sex change and bought a 10í Prius.

OffshoreDrilling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 08:59 AM   #15
Harbor Master
 
Yaj Yak's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 87,671
Casino cash: $142234000
19.77 per day
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OffshoreDrilling View Post
Larger because marine engines operate without a transmission. Thereís a fancy engineering term (adiabatic/isentropic efficiency) for the characteristics of the volume, pressure and temperature gain of the air that correlates to the blower curve. Itís got to be making relatively cool air at WOT under load to not melt the engine down and I imagine they accomplish that mostly by using a larger blower. Just like crazy boat motors that are 800ci+ with blowers making 1000+ hp on pump gas on 7lbs of boost.
right right. really neat shit.


they also talk about on some website i was reading that the blower used is much beefier/heavier duty than normal land-going s/c's to deal with the typical pwc throttle of 0 - 100% every 26 seconds 62 times. and that there is a lot of g forces a car will never see but a pwc will regularly.
OffshoreDrilling and GTPpower like this.
Yaj Yak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 09:08 AM   #16
This is my safe space
 
OffshoreDrilling's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Chicago
Posts: 29,007
Casino cash: $127891000
6.69 per day
Default

I’d imagine oiling is another issue
OffshoreDrilling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 09:08 AM   #17
 
jason05gt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Garfield Park
Posts: 12,735
Casino cash: $46416040
2.79 per day
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaj Yak View Post

i kinda feel similarly. although the doodads and gadgets on the new seadoos are pretty neat...

and stage 1 300 seadoo vs stage 1 gp1800r looks like both ~80 mph rides. which is neat.
Yamaha has been slowly adding technology, but Seadoo has a lot of cool features. I like Yamaha GP's for 2 reasons, first reliability and second the hull is bad ass. Plus as you mentioned, Riva makes a lot of nice mods for the GPR platform.

Anyways, these new PWC's are getting way too pricey. $14K plus is a lot for a new GPR.
jason05gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 09:11 AM   #18
Harbor Master
 
Yaj Yak's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 87,671
Casino cash: $142234000
19.77 per day
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OffshoreDrilling View Post
I’d imagine oiling is another issue

oh for sure, at first i thought the SC was on top, but this is how the engine actually sits from ABOVE

dry sump oil system for a sc or what?




Quote:
Originally Posted by jason05gt View Post
Yamaha has been slowly adding technology, but Seadoo has a lot of cool features. I like Yamaha GP's for 2 reasons, first reliability and second the hull is bad ass. Plus as you mentioned, Riva makes a lot of nice mods for the GPR platform.

Anyways, these new PWC's are getting way too pricey. $14K plus is a lot for a new GPR.
i guess the new seadoo hull is ridiculously awesome... wider and lower sitting position, ive read you basically have to try to get wet at all on it. which depending what you're doing/where you're doing it is the name of the game... for me im going to ride it like a full bagger harley with jeans and a tshirt on in the middle of october.

and shit... 14k is on the middle end

the kaw/yam/seadoo top dogs are 16-19k

the new seadoo stuff with the linq system, sound system (kawasaki has it also) etc., is fucking awesome.
Yaj Yak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 09:14 AM   #19
Harbor Master
 
Yaj Yak's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 87,671
Casino cash: $142234000
19.77 per day
Default

dat yamadawg reliability though is enticing like you said...

my hiccup is the "high end" stuff, needs premium... which i know on lake G is doable at gordy's iirc, but i think most chain pumps are 89 and bald knob has one for 91.

the seadoo 230hp motor doesn't need premium so i kinda like that a lot right now... because speed limiter removed its a 72/73 mph ski... yamadawg you have to go non supercharged and it's a 60/62 mph ski, 63-65 riva stage one
Yaj Yak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 09:18 AM   #20
Harbor Master
 
Yaj Yak's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 87,671
Casino cash: $142234000
19.77 per day
Default

i really like this guy's site and write ups because he doesn't seem too biased

2018 Sea-Doo vs. Yamaha vs. Kawasaki - Steven in Sales

i asked about dry/rough water rides and got this...

Quote:
I would say the GTX, RXT or Ultra’s are going to be the ones that are best for rough water. The GTX or RXT bodies (ST3 hulls) are going be dry and you’ll have to actually try to get wet. Even the GTI bodies or VX bodies are pretty dry, but not as dry as the bigger models.
Yaj Yak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 09:18 AM   #21
Harbor Master
 
Yaj Yak's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 87,671
Casino cash: $142234000
19.77 per day
Default

Quote:
The VXR for sure is going to feel more nimble and have a quicker take-off. Yamaha did a good job on making this craft. Even though it lacks a supercharger it doesn’t need one, its just as fast is the GTR from Sea-Doo who has a supercharger. And you have a shot to buy a leftover 2017, sounds like a win to me. The only reason I would consider the GTX 230 is if you want a super stable and comfortable ride, but if you want fast and nimble go with the VXR.
another neat tidbit
Yaj Yak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 10:10 AM   #22
 
GTPpower's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Nebraska
Posts: 2,046
Casino cash: $24333500
0.79 per day
Default

I'm a day late here, but wow. That pulley is about the size of a dinner plate too.
__________________
05 F350 6.0 - studded, deleted, updated, tuned
01 GTP - Slicks/Skinnies/Nitrous/Stock Trans - [email protected] Sold
66 442 Vert - Needs work
01 GTP Race Car
GTPpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 10:26 AM   #23
 
jason05gt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Garfield Park
Posts: 12,735
Casino cash: $46416040
2.79 per day
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaj Yak View Post
dat yamadawg reliability though is enticing like you said...

my hiccup is the "high end" stuff, needs premium... which i know on lake G is doable at gordy's iirc, but i think most chain pumps are 89 and bald knob has one for 91.

the seadoo 230hp motor doesn't need premium so i kinda like that a lot right now... because speed limiter removed its a 72/73 mph ski... yamadawg you have to go non supercharged and it's a 60/62 mph ski, 63-65 riva stage one
I'm cheap so I just fill three 5 gallon jugs of 93 at the BP. I'm not paying $5 plus a gallon. My model GPR is a gas hog. I wonder if the newer ones being 4 stoke are much more efficient.
jason05gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 10:27 AM   #24
Harbor Master
 
Yaj Yak's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 87,671
Casino cash: $142234000
19.77 per day
Default

i think the difference for you too though @jason05gt is you put what? less than ten hours on per year?
Yaj Yak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 10:35 AM   #25
Harbor Master
 
Yaj Yak's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 87,671
Casino cash: $142234000
19.77 per day
Default

other signifacant part is isn't gas on lake g like typically 1.50 - 2$ more per gallon since there isn't much as far as competition goes?


chain you can get 89 ethanol free at the knob for normally 40-50 cents more per gallon than 87 on land iirc.. worth it.
Yaj Yak is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:04 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.6 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
no new posts