2019 Yamahahaha's

BeerOrGasoline

Me & Dead Owls Don't Give a Hoot.
Mar 15, 2009
New Lenox, IL
For the 2019 model year, Yamaha will only be producing 12 models. This is down from 34 models from last year. This is a drastic swipe and the first step by them at trying to address an issue that has been building for some time.

Of course they’re still going to be producing different versions of the Sidewinder, whose performance is still unmatched both on paper and on the snow. They are also keeping the huge hit they brought back last year with the SnoScoot. This ¾ sled was a hot commodity with Yamaha selling every single one they produced. Those choices are no-brainers to keep around.

Controlling the top and bottom of the markets is one thing, but where are they going to make the cuts? Well stick around and we’ll take you through the smaller herd of Yamahas for MY2019.

SRX is back!

0552.SNO_2D00_F40318_5F00_09.jpg

SRX stands for Snow Racer Experimental. Nothing on the market today can compete with this lake racer (save the new Thundercat). This sled has a unique lower ride-height than any other Sidewinder due to dual-rate springs up front and in the center along with new lower torsion springs in the rear that have a lower preload with the same final force at the end of the stroke. This suspension package helps keep this thing low and stay flat and neutral while cornering at higher speeds while not sacrificing comfort. It still handles bumps fairly well too! The new 137x15x1.0” Camso Ripsaw-1 fully clipped track is made specifically for attaining higher speeds.

That lower suspension is paired with the new iQS system (see more later in this article) and controlled from the newly designed handlebar setup. A new throttle lever was designed around the legendary Apex lever along with a new Hayes Brake with a shorter brake lever. All that and a new independent kill switch is tucked behind a race-height windshield, keeping a low profile for this future lake-racing monster. A new idler wheel design and rear axle setup replace the old tri-hub setup from the past.

2656.SNO_2D00_F40318_5F00_02.jpg

7610.SNO_2D00_F40318_5F00_12.jpg

SnoScoot gets Electric Start!

8306.SNO_2D00_F40318_5F00_10.jpg

The 2019 SnoScoot ES features electric start, standard. The ES also has a few small upgrades and niceties for this model year. Consumers will still be getting the same 192cc single-cylinder, carbureted, fan-cooled 4-stroke engine that is electronically governed to keep the small riders safe, but MY2019’s SnoScoot will be easier to maintain.

A new dipstick is on this one for friendlier home-maintenance of the SnoScoot ES. No longer will owners need to lift the front end up 18 inches to check and change the oil. Maybe they should have left it the way it was and made the next generation of snowmobilers appreciate a little bit of hard work and elbow-grease that goes into proper maintenance, or is that just me?

A couple other upgrades for the ES model were made. There is a longer pull-cord to help when manually starting the motor. There is also a composite carb isolator for improved hot starts.

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
I have been a diehard Yamaha nutswinger my entire life and I am disappointed in this years offerings. True Japanese Yamaha's are now retired and almost the entire line is Yamahacats, and yet another year with 25 different variations of the Sidewinder. So what's new this year? They rebadged a Sidewinder as a SRX. (put 4 rear wheels on it, and an Apex throttle) Doesn't everyone do that shit anyway? Can't forget the 1998 1-inch lug track they added for all those ice racers. Yeah the Sidewinder and Viper are cool but they lack the Yamaha quality and reliability of years past. I just don't see Yamaha trying very hard. I mean with the exception of the new factory turbo sidewinders; the motors they used in everything else differed very little from a 2003 RX-1 and Vector. The people have been asking for years to bring back a 2-Stroke and make a lighter sled. Not everyone likes 4-strokes and the weight associated with them. Crickets from Yamaha. I haven't read a single post about 2019 Yamaha that is positive.

Edit: Some models almost eight teen thousand dollars. :rofl:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info