Stolen dirt bike story - not mine. **Resolved**

TCG Member 5219

TCG Elite Member
Mar 22, 2005
Heres an interesting tail of lost and found version dirtbike. This poor guy posted this back in july of 2016. He had just gotten a new left over 2015 Husky FC350 for fathers day. He put about 1 hour on it. And one night his 9 year old daughter opened the garage door and forgot to close it. And as you can guess, this little beauty was stolen. Along with an older 2005 Suzuki RMZ450. Here is the pic of it.

s1200_IMG_20160702_065017.jpg

Now fast forward to this month. Here's what he said.

So I got a call a little after Midnight last night and my Husky was recovered. The bike was stolen July 2, 2016 and was recovered in October of 2016. It has taken a year for the PD and ADOT Enforcement to ID the bike and contact me. I am in Georgia now and it is at an ADOT Enforcement lot in Tucson. I will see pictures on Monday and assess how trashed it is. All they could tell me was that it is in "Rideable Running Condition but looks kinda rough." This was as stated by a cop who obviously knew nothing about motorcycles after being relayed. They have been trying to track it for a while. It has had the VIN shaved off and they finally got the actual VIN by taking it to a Husky dealer and hooking it up to the computer.

We had multiple reports of people seeing it around the area it was recovered but were never able to find anything concrete. Still waiting on exact details of how it was recovered and circumstances around it.

Keep in mind he did not have insurance on either bike. He was just out about $12k in bikes. But on the bright side, the Husky was found and he would get it back........well......

Here is what it looks like now.

Well I said I would update when I could. Looks like the thieves tried to make it a husqasaki. Rattle canned it back with green hubs and handguards. Technician at husky dealer finally identified it for ADOT after he plugged it in. Engine is in good shape. Plastics are basically trashed. Tires are bald. Chain guide and right rear axle block are missing. Chain and sprockets will be replaced. I will tear it down to the frame and fix it all. Left footpeg is cracked, but pipe, bars, radiators are all straight and good. It sat for 9 months!! In a tow yard before they pulled it back out and identified it via dealer. Major components appear undamaged just painted. I hate thieves.

s1200_13879.jpg

s1200_13877.jpg

s1200_13878.jpg

In light of this thread, it compelled me to look into insurance for my bike. I scored comp coverage which is theft, fire and vandalism for $96 for the year. $250 deductible and an extra accessory coverage for $3000. Paid in full and hopefully I never have to use it.

The poor guy from this story didnt think it was worth having. Well it is for less than $100 for the whole year. Check those garages at night. My kids have done the same thing. For this reason we keep the CRF50 in the house. You will need to be able to walk through gunfire to get that bike. #goodluck

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info