Where do you BRAAAP?

crooks

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Sep 30, 2012
Elgin IL
Illinois ATV Trails Page 1

The good parks are 2 hours to 4 hours away. You will be going to IN, southern or western IL, or WI.

IL should be more opening up or expanding more parks about 4 hours south west. I know IL was talking about giving grants for offroad parks down by where I deer hunt.

This place is 1200 acres and you fancy guys can rent cabins.

https://www.heartlandlodge.com/resort/atv-riding/

1MEANGT

Braaaaaaap!!!
Mar 18, 2004
With the dual sport I braaaaaaaap anywhere I want now! :)

I've been to the following off road parks.

Rocky Glen - Rockford

Great place to ride for a few hours. Pretty close. But kind of small.

Atkinson Off Road Park - Atkinson, IL

Great open riding. Twice the size of Rocky Glen. Little over 2 hr drive.

Badlands Off Road Park - Attica

Probably the best park in the Midwest. 800 acres with open and tight places to ride. Lots to explore. About 3 hr drive.

I will be checking out MI and WI trails this summer. St. Helen, MI seems to be very accomidating to SxS's.

1MEANGT

Braaaaaaap!!!
Mar 18, 2004
What are you running again for dual?

Sold my Honda 400EX quad and picked up a Suzuki DRZ400S. Basically a street legal dirt bike. This thing is a riot!!!

ranvw6.jpg

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
Bumping the thread cause I’m looking for new places, preferably not “parks”, but open trails that go for miles and miles with a little bit of a challenge. Hopefully some suggestions will pop up.

Did some of the Enterprise Trail in Wisconsin this week, and would really like to get more miles in. I’m spoiled from riding fire trails down in Kentucky, where you might not see someone for days.

IMG_0045.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: Spivitz

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
SpeedSpeak2me SpeedSpeak2me

Bad Ass Bud
Buffalo Mountain right down the road is braaaaaaap City.

I almost bought a dirt bike when we moved here.

Fortunately I came to my senses quickly and thought I'm a bit too old to be flying through the air any more ?
Go with four wheels instead. Like a couple of ATVs or a four seat SxS the whole family can enjoy.

Reactions: Spivitz

Mr Baytchos

TCG Elite Member
Jul 8, 2007
Cortland, IL
Real Name
Anthony
Bumping the thread cause I’m looking for new places, preferably not “parks”, but open trails that go for miles and miles with a little bit of a challenge. Hopefully some suggestions will pop up.

Did some of the Enterprise Trail in Wisconsin this week, and would really like to get more miles in. I’m spoiled from riding fire trails down in Kentucky, where you might not see someone for days.

View attachment 165768
Need to get a TCG braap day. I wanna get the Grizzly out somewhere besides the drainage field behind my house.

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods

View attachment 165768

Rhinelander's ATV/UTV trail system is "up and coming". As is most of Oneida and Vilas County. The snowmobile trail system is "world-class" but summertime ATV/UTV recreation was almost non-existent just 10 years ago. ATV clubs have been doing a great job implementing trail systems throughout the Northwoods. I hope one day all the towns are linked as they are with snowmobile trails. Right now I would say it's halfway there, but it's complicated unmarked paved routes that are not very direct.

That intersection is basically the Oneida, Lincoln, and Langlade County line. As you can see from the mileage it's a pretty remote spot. Gas is 20+ miles away but there are a few bars about 5 miles away. ATV/UTV trails south of there get even better. The Hodag 4-wheelers do a great job in the Enterprise forest maintaining their trails.

Reactions: SpeedSpeak2me
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info