Chain of Lakes Bar & restaurant talk thread

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
i don't hate blarneys. i just never go :rofl:

i think i wind up at port of blarney more than blarneys.

cabanas, grass lake landing (which closes end of august this year unless they re-up their lease), fairmont shores, captain's quarters, snuggery, restaurants in downtown mchenry and freddies are my typical on boat go to's.

i think dirty rooster closed for good now too so won't be making that trek anymore.

MrMezger996

Formerly CobraSki
TCG Premium
Jun 12, 2015
Hoffman Estates
i don't hate blarneys. i just never go :rofl:

i think i wind up at port of blarney more than blarneys.

cabanas, grass lake landing (which closes end of august this year unless they re-up their lease), fairmont shores, captain's quarters, snuggery, restaurants in downtown mchenry and freddies are my typical on boat go to's.

i think dirty rooster closed for good now too so won't be making that trek anymore.

I'm a fan of all those, I will add Vickies for the best burgers on the chain, and possibly this side of the Mississippi. I never had the balls to drive my boat back by the dirty rooster, looked really sketchy. I will also add the Thirsty Turtle off Channel Lake.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
I'm a fan of all those, I will add Vickies for the best burgers on the chain, and possibly this side of the Mississippi. I never had the balls to drive my boat back by the dirty rooster, looked really sketchy. I will also add the Thirsty Turtle off Channel Lake.

dude i can't remember the last time i was at vickies. too many horrible experiences growing up there... crazy that they've turned it around apparently.

snug & cabana's have good burgs too imo.

dirty rooster, i would 100% not take your boat back to. :rofl:

it is TIGHT back there.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
it'd be good if johnsburg gets the no-wake passed with the fox waterway agency through there... for epic deli/china bar/liquor store boat parking and the wave on the other side of the bridge restaurant.

ps i like the wave, will be interesting to see what they do for boat parking.

i like after the fox in mchenry too. nice and chill.

Bub

Pitter Patter
TCG Premium
Sep 4, 2012
Spring Grove
There's a dock, now suck my cock :s00ls:

d22814ad8a168534edfe2c52de3cd359.jpg

MrMezger996

Formerly CobraSki
TCG Premium
Jun 12, 2015
Hoffman Estates
Captain's Quarters, The Turtle and Stietz's are my go to spots. Captains mostly.

I would agree, im at Captains most often. Larry is good people. Im slipped next door to Stietz's at Lupas and I just recently stopped in there this March. Didnt eat just grabbed a beer. I have heard tales that they have the best steak sandwich, Ill have to try it. I was really disappointed that Nauti Knots turned out to be a huge fail, was so convenient for us as that is where we keep out boat.

MrMezger996

Formerly CobraSki
TCG Premium
Jun 12, 2015
Hoffman Estates
itll be interesting how that new place on the lower river turns out for more options.
[MENTION=16]PANDA[/MENTION] [MENTION=453]Jean Ralphio[/MENTION] you guys know anything about it?

Are you referring to the Cove? I havent been, but have heard good things. I know there are like 4 slips for boat traffic but they were looking to expand that. I decor inside was supposed to be really cool.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info