teach me to houseboat trip.

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
HVAC Guy
Aug 28, 2007
Homer Glen
I done did a bachelor party on the IL river for a three day weekend. cruised 10ish miles to an isalnd, beached it, drank and grilled our asses off, swam, fished, another boat of older women showed up and enjoyed topless water sliding off our boat. 8 guys pooping in the same toilet was a disaster. had fun, the end.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
I done did a bachelor party on the IL river for a three day weekend. cruised 10ish miles to an isalnd, beached it, drank and grilled our asses off, swam, fished, another boat of older women showed up and enjoyed topless water sliding off our boat. 8 guys pooping in the same toilet was a disaster. had fun, the end.

done did just made my day :rofl:

im thinking dale hollow... my gf's family lives near there and i liked that lake a lot last year when i was there.

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
HVAC Guy
Aug 28, 2007
Homer Glen
houseboat came with a John boat we towed behind us. used it to go pick other people up at the state park a mile away and shuttle them to the boat. we didn't use any electricity except to run AC at night.

coffee
have all your meals planned out for dinner, sammiches for lunch is easy, bottled water, one giant cooler of just ice, booze in another. lots of paper towels are always necessary, utensils. it was a bunch of guys. we were pretty non fussy about stuff. if there was food to eat and beer to drink it was all good.

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
Last summer did the Bachlor Party thing on Lake Cumberland with 10-12 dudes. We rented the 750.

State Dock 750 | Lake Cumberland State Dock

We left state dock and beached it at a "party cove" probably 5 miles away. We had it for a few nights and it came down to $300 a bro including food. IDK exactly how the best man got this figure. I brought my waverunner down and another guy brought a 22ish powerboat we used to shuttle back and forth from the Party Cove, and also picked up fresh ice every morning. We ran the generator and AC all weekend not giving a fuck. It was a awesome time.

I would say Lake Cumberland, Table Rock Lake, or Lake of the Ozarks for a rental.

JeffsLightning

TCG Elite Member
Mar 3, 2004
House of Power
Spent 5 days on this 77'x16' on Lake Cumberland with 10 family members. 6 queen size beds and 2 bathrooms. Had a 6 person or so hot tub on top. Had a John boat with a 25hp outboard.Boat came with everything we needed except food and drink for which we bought at the local grocery store. Twin 4 cyl. engines and a 200 gallon fuel tank and only used a little over 100 gallons. Cruised a little during the day and drove it up on a new beach area every day. Had a blast and the 2 kids 12 and 10 loved it. uploadfromtaptalk1462298331404.jpg
8771663ccd67a29d5d6f763b90e940a8.jpg

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Last summer did the Bachlor Party thing on Lake Cumberland with 10-12 dudes. We rented the 750.

State Dock 750 | Lake Cumberland State Dock

We left state dock and beached it at a "party cove" probably 5 miles away. We had it for a few nights and it came down to $300 a bro including food. IDK exactly how the best man got this figure. I brought my waverunner down and another guy brought a 22ish powerboat we used to shuttle back and forth from the Party Cove, and also picked up fresh ice every morning. We ran the generator and AC all weekend not giving a fuck. It was a awesome time.

I would say Lake Cumberland, Table Rock Lake, or Lake of the Ozarks for a rental.

there was no risk of running out of gas for the generator? that's what i was curious about.

partying with a fuck ton of other people isn't really even all too enticing for me... id rather be left the fuck alone.

fwiw im not necessarily asking where to go, just asking where others have gone and their experiences.

chances are ill wind up at cumberland or dale hollow.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Spent 5 days on this 77'x16' on Lake Cumberland with 10 family members. 6 queen size beds and 2 bathrooms. Had a 6 person or so hot tub on top. Had a John boat with a 25hp outboard.Boat came with everything we needed except food and drink for which we bought at the local grocery store. Twin 4 cyl. engines and a 200 gallon fuel tank and only used a little over 100 gallons. Cruised a little during the day and drove it up on a new beach area every day. Had a blast and the 2 kids 12 and 10 loved it.

any "privacy concerns" with a setup like that? :pedobear:

i know one thing is for sure, ill probably bring booze... tn/ky is weird... soem places are dry... others are overpriced as shit.

JeffsLightning

TCG Elite Member
Mar 3, 2004
House of Power
any "privacy concerns" with a setup like that? :pedobear:

i know one thing is for sure, ill probably bring booze... tn/ky is weird... soem places are dry... others are overpriced as shit.
No. 2 fairly big bathrooms and 2 of the biggest bedrooms you could walk around and close off from the others. Also the generator used fuel from the main 200 gallon tank.There were dry marinas too so if in that area bring in your supplies[emoji106]

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Spent 5 days on this 77'x16' on Lake Cumberland with 10 family members. 6 queen size beds and 2 bathrooms. Had a 6 person or so hot tub on top. Had a John boat with a 25hp outboard.Boat came with everything we needed except food and drink for which we bought at the local grocery store. Twin 4 cyl. engines and a 200 gallon fuel tank and only used a little over 100 gallons. Cruised a little during the day and drove it up on a new beach area every day. Had a blast and the 2 kids 12 and 10 loved it.View attachment 28200
8771663ccd67a29d5d6f763b90e940a8.jpg

i love the watermelon on the floor :rofl:

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
there was no risk of running out of gas for the generator? that's what i was curious about.

partying with a fuck ton of other people isn't really even all too enticing for me... id rather be left the fuck alone.

fwiw im not necessarily asking where to go, just asking where others have gone and their experiences.

chances are ill wind up at cumberland or dale hollow.

Well we were in one spot the whole time and didnt cruise around. I would guess the boat has a huge gas tank so running a generator wouldnt use all of it.

Only reason we went to the "Party Cove" is because it was a bachlor party and everyone wanted todo that whole girls gone wild thing. Plenty of small really remote covers on Lake Cumberland. I was shocked on how large and remote the lake was. Really no houses or business anywhere.

Here is a video of a quick BRAAAP down one of the coves.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TjtB05v57ys

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info