Let's talk new boat speakers and plug wires for a 454 MAG MPI

jason05gt

TCG Elite Member
Jan 17, 2007
Naperville
what kind of money are you looking to spend, what sort of stereo setup is in the boat now?

It's an older Sony setup. It's got a 6 Sony Marine 6.5" speakers (couple blown), a 12" Sony Sub and Sony Amp. The head unit is you guessed it...a Sony, but that's newer. I replaced it due to the old unit crapping out.

These were the speakers I was looking at:
Amazon.com: Polk Audio DB651 6.5"/6.75" 2-Way Marine Certified db Series Car Speakers with Liquid Cooled Silk Tweeters: Car Electronics

Decent reviews and not bad on price. There's a higher end Polk that I was also looking at:
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B001E5PN2A/?tag=tcg21-20

I am not looking for the loudest speakers, just something that's clear and crisp, plus good quality. I don't mind paying a bit more for good stuff that lasts.

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
HVAC Guy
Aug 28, 2007
Homer Glen

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
If you can fit them I would do jl 7.7's they are straight up awesome, I don't know what they run price wise I'm guessing quite a bit more than the polks
Edit that's if your going to run them on an amp, on the head unit I doubt they would be worth it

I run the siarra blue plug wires they are a nice quality for a cheaper price

jason05gt

TCG Elite Member
Jan 17, 2007
Naperville
I had those higher end polks in my boat. I liked them for the money. I think I'd go with the wetsounds 6.5" for a few bucks more than those if I was starting over. Wetsounds is 100% "the brand" right now or marine audio.

Wet Sounds SW-65i-W (White) 6-1/2" 2-way marine speakers at Crutchfield.com

they make three different style grilles for the same speaker.

Thanks! I haven't heard about that brand, but they seem to get great reviews. I like the white grille too.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info