May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
some good links for water levels and bridge clearance at rt12

afbi2_hg.png

nmsw3_hg.png

Chain O Lakes Experimental Water Levels
17884246_1635109536503358_8840650332987198730_n.jpg

USGS Current Conditions for USGS 05548000 NIPPERSINK LAKE AT FOX LAKE, IL

FunontheFox.com Bringing You the Boating Lifestyle for the Northern Illinois Chain o Lakes

17884020_10209118341535741_2250061452606422920_n.jpg

ake the current reading from the below graph and compare it to the chart to the right to determine actual bridge clearance
graph

COD2.png

These are the readings needed to move the system to "No Wake" and "Closed" across all gauges

no_wake_levels.jpg

Last edited:

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
I feel right now the river Is just about average. Maybe a few inches low. Keifs piers are extremely high relative to the water depth. I haven't boated the lower enough but I feel like years ago the level was about a foot higher average vs now. Just going by stains on sea walls and piers.

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
This is the river at it's low last year. I took my Powerquest off my lift and put it on the trailer at least I could trailer it somewhere. My waverunner was on my boat lift. The toon barely had enough water depth. I feel I got it alot worse then most on the river because I am in a bay. FWA probably has my neighborhood on the back of ther dreging list simply because it would be such a massive project that would fill in faster then normal IMO. The only thing that would really save me would be a dredge then a seawall but that willnot happen.

YVJjqKM.jpg

dvd2dyS.jpg

gX3uNJI.jpg

greasy

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2007
He said those pics were from last year, and the river is up around average right now.

I know the pics are from last year, but he said he felt it was average to low right now. How is it average to low with all of the rain we have had. There is a retention pond by my house that was probably 7-10 ft. higher than normal.

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
I feel this is the start of the summer drought. River is slowly going down, and I can tell my grass isnt growing as fast.

A few weeks ago Jared's boat neighbor was telling us people drink the Fox River water south of the Algonquin dam and if water was "held up" north of Algonquin to "save" the Chain during drought the people south will not have any drinking water. Never heard this, any truth to this?

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
edit; I was totaaally wrong

http://angelwater.com/your-local-water/water-in-elgin-il

Elgin, IL gets its water from source water. Source water includes lakes, rivers, ponds, reservoirs, springs, underground aquifers and wells. Elgin’s source water comes from the Fox River and is distributed throughout five wells.

Elgin began as a community water supplier in the late 1880’s. From that time, the Fox River was used as the source of all drinking water. As the community grew, water contamination became an issue and groundwater was the alternative choice. In 1936, Elgin build a water treatment facility and by 1965 the city was providing an average of 5.46 million gallons of water per day. By the 1970’s, the city had to begin searching for alternate sources of water due to continued demand. City officials contemplated buying water from the City of Chicago, but decided against it in favor of autonomy. The Fox River was the perfect raw source, especially now that water quality had improved. Elgin built its very own water treatment facility and continues to treat its own water.

Inorganic contaminants can contaminate source water from the erosion of natural deposits. These contaminants can produce adverse health effects. Factories that produce fertilizers, aluminum, electronics, glass, metal or petroleum refineries and private septic systems and waste water treatment plants can produce discharges into the Fox River.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/subur...da-mcdaniel-hale-st-0131-20160129-column.html

it's supposed to rain today and weds this week, and long term predictions still aren't forecasting drought.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info