• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

I searched but couldnt find it sorry for the noob question

03lightning

boot scootin boogey
Jul 1, 2005
Hey guys my buddy is looking to pick up an 03/04 cobra. he found one for 22,500 it has a kenne bell and was tuned by jason at running with the devil.

2.2L Kenne Bell Supercharger at only 17 LBS of boost tuned by JAMES (RUNNING WITH THE DEVIL) produces:

*545 RWHP/ 515 TQE on 93 oct. street tune with 17 DEG timing

*620 RWHP/ 545 TQE on 100 oct race tune with 23 DEG timing

My question is this...reading through his mods it sounds like a completely stock block(heads, pistons, block)...should the stock block be good enough for this much power? I ask cuz I know the lightning block starts to reach its limits around 500

and what kinda times would he be looking at in the quarter mile? assuming he can drive

VenomInside

Just Grazing
Jul 16, 2004
SAC/DEN/SFO/CHI/SEA/PDX
He is the only one replying, If someone could give me an actual answer this thread would have been dead 2 hours ago...how much power can the stock block and trans handle?

It's give and take. I've seen some blow stock, and some last forever (GNXS, WIKED03 etc).

IMO it can take roughly 600-700rwhp. Mine held up with the 600+ i put through it with a 2.4 kb, stage III cams, 4.10 gears etc.

BlaqSnake

PC Pimp
May 13, 2006
Aurora, IL
My question is this...reading through his mods it sounds like a completely stock block(heads, pistons, block)...should the stock block be good enough for this much power? I ask cuz I know the lightning block starts to reach its limits around 500

and what kinda times would he be looking at in the quarter mile? assuming he can drive

The block should handle it no prob.
You start running into problems when you have a bad tune.

Like Mikey said, GNXS has over 100k miles on his, and 90% were with a Whipple 2.2 on it.

Depending on driver, tires, and rearend setup, 11.0 or less should be attainable.

cobravenom39

GTL>FLA
Mar 1, 2004
YEs it can hold the power, But 545rwhp seems pretty low for a kb

Not necessarily, only 17 pounds of boost on a 2.2L. From my experience James tunes for longevity.

I had 560rwhp on my 93 tune with a similar setup.

I was a tick over 600 on my 100 tune, though.

To answer the original question, the car is at a safe power level. I would have a leakdown and/or compression test. No need to dyno tune.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info