User Tag List

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-21-2009, 06:19 AM   #1
Zack's Avatar
4 Doors 4 Life
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: NW Indiana
Posts: 6,295
4 Doors 4 Life
 
Zack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: NW Indiana
Posts: 6,295
Casino cash: $8049900
1.12 per day
Default Quick Nitrous Question

Now that my Marauder is running right, time to hook up the gas.

Question is: Since just about everyone places the Nozzle before the Throttle body, is it ok to be after the TB?

There are many tapped holes in my crusher inlet I can place the nozzle, just making sure it is ok to do.
This is a wet kit FYI.
Thanks
__________________
03 Marauder Whipple 3.4 [email protected] 715rwhp/655rwtq
03 Blue Marauder TurboCharged 620rwhp/626rwtq
93 Town Car 4V/Whipple 2.9 700rhwp/606rwtq
03 Black Marauder DD
1959 Cadillac!
Zack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 06:23 AM   #2
qwik01cobra's Avatar
built,novi2k,t56,solid
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 6,177
built,novi2k,t56,solid
 
qwik01cobra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 6,177
Casino cash: $4752800
1.23 per day
Default

I wouldnt recommend it because you want the nozzle far enough away from the throttle body so that when it comes through it that it will get sucked/sprayed through the intake manifold equally. You dont want it spraying and leaning out one side of the motor ect...
__________________



06' TBSS daily driver, 05' GSXR 1000, and the one and only QWIK01COBRA aka F16 fighter jet nut clipper


-Chad-
qwik01cobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 07:33 AM   #3
Zack's Avatar
4 Doors 4 Life
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: NW Indiana
Posts: 6,295
4 Doors 4 Life
 
Zack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: NW Indiana
Posts: 6,295
Casino cash: $8049900
1.12 per day
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwik01cobra View Post
I wouldnt recommend it because you want the nozzle far enough away from the throttle body so that when it comes through it that it will get sucked/sprayed through the intake manifold equally. You dont want it spraying and leaning out one side of the motor ect...
I can see your point on a NA car, but remember, this is going through 2 humungous blower blades, an intercooler and a lower intake.
I do respect your point, and look forward to more responses.
Zack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 11:52 AM   #4
rocket5979's Avatar
Gearhead
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Round Lake, IL
Posts: 6,575
Gearhead
 
rocket5979's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Round Lake, IL
Posts: 6,575
Casino cash: $7257600
1.31 per day
Default

You should be fine as long as your nozzle is aimed somewhat decently.
__________________
-Robert-
2009 Pontiac G8 GT 6.6-Twin Turbo, 402 stroker, built trans, fuel system, etc...
2005 Audi S4 4.2-Boltons...
2003 Explorer XLT 4.6-Kenne Bell 2.2 @20psi, Built 4.6, built 4R70W, fuel system, etc...

rocket5979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 04:46 PM   #5
willsmysticcobra's Avatar
Classifieds Mod
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Lake Zurich
Posts: 19,683
Classifieds Mod
 
willsmysticcobra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Lake Zurich
Posts: 19,683
Casino cash: $15441488
4.00 per day
Default

ya thats a tough one. It should distribute ok.... But I dunno I have a fogger plate
__________________
2008 Suzuki B King 1340cc
willsmysticcobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 04:52 PM   #6
Flatliner's Avatar
I'm kind of a big deal...
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 35,000
I'm kind of a big deal...
 
Flatliner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 35,000
Casino cash: $4724500
6.19 per day
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zack View Post
Now that my Marauder is running right, time to hook up the gas.

Question is: Since just about everyone places the Nozzle before the Throttle body, is it ok to be after the TB?

There are many tapped holes in my crusher inlet I can place the nozzle, just making sure it is ok to do.
This is a wet kit FYI.
Thanks
I've seen guys do it on KB's and Whipples on MF, so I don't see why not... I agree with you that it's still being mixed in the TS as well. One advantage to having before the throttle body is that if for some reason the solenoid sticks, you can let off the gas and it should block any NOS from entering...
__________________
Hold tight cause the show is not over...

2003 DSG Mustang Cobra gone, but never forgotten
"shadow games got sold as a package with car"

UN-DRRRT'D

----------------
RIP my friends... Riski - Dana - Fritz
Flatliner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 12:25 AM   #7
rocket5979's Avatar
Gearhead
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Round Lake, IL
Posts: 6,575
Gearhead
 
rocket5979's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Round Lake, IL
Posts: 6,575
Casino cash: $7257600
1.31 per day
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flatliner View Post
I've seen guys do it on KB's and Whipples on MF, so I don't see why not... I agree with you that it's still being mixed in the TS as well. One advantage to having before the throttle body is that if for some reason the solenoid sticks, you can let off the gas and it should block any NOS from entering...


Unfortunately even that is not really true because the IAC is there which will allow the nitrous through. Though it will not be as much as if directly sprayed through the TB. That is why if a person wants to be really safe in case of a solenoid sticking they can do dual solenoids on the nitrous side and still a single on the fuel side (if running wet).
rocket5979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 12:47 AM   #8
IZZy's Avatar
Powered by ES
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 38,985
Powered by ES
 
IZZy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 38,985
Casino cash: $23491600
9.13 per day
Default

you can put it on the inlet somewhere
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by GLADIATOR View Post
I talk shit and never race....dats how I roll
"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication, and competence." -Ayrton Senna
IZZy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 07:23 AM   #9
Zack's Avatar
4 Doors 4 Life
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: NW Indiana
Posts: 6,295
4 Doors 4 Life
 
Zack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: NW Indiana
Posts: 6,295
Casino cash: $8049900
1.12 per day
Default

thanks for all the replies.
Zack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 12:00 PM   #10
Flatliner's Avatar
I'm kind of a big deal...
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 35,000
I'm kind of a big deal...
 
Flatliner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 35,000
Casino cash: $4724500
6.19 per day
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocket5979 View Post
Unfortunately even that is not really true because the IAC is there which will allow the nitrous through. Though it will not be as much as if directly sprayed through the TB. That is why if a person wants to be really safe in case of a solenoid sticking they can do dual solenoids on the nitrous side and still a single on the fuel side (if running wet).
good point
Flatliner is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:28 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.6 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
no new posts