• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Bell housing won't come off.

wolfe

in black sheep's clothing
Jun 2, 2008
Si Oh Em Pee Tee Oh En
Ok, I've got the 7 bolts that hold the bell housing to the engine block out, the starter is out and the 2 short blots that come from the front of the engine and go thought the dust shield to the bell housing all out and the bell housing still does not want to come off. What did I miss? I cannot find anything, but it still feels like it's attached and I don't want to just go beating on it with a hammer. Thanks for the help.

tinosc281

TCG Elite Member
Jun 25, 2005
bellhousing

are you sure you got all the bolts out.if you did than all you have to do is wedge a big flat head screw driver in between the block and bellhousing.there are a few notches made for that.the bellhousing has alignning dowels ,i believe in three spots.so you just have to pry it away easy little bit at the time.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• wolfe
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list