• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

BOV mounting?

99 Stangbanger

Phantom Fury
Nov 22, 2004
Can you mount a Blow off valve (BOV) after the aftercooler (air to water) or does it need to be mouted before the aftercooler?

Having issues figuring out where to mount it with little to no space. Only spot I could figure out would be on the elbo to the TB after the Vortech Maxflow cooler. I dont want to make a mistake and have the flange welded in the wrong spot. Tried to call Vortech all day with ZERO luck. Circuts busy bs!

Anyone?

zenriddles

Guns don't kill people, 'vaccines' do
Aug 18, 2005
Holiday Inn
What are you planning on doing with the exhausted air?

Your MAF is the big player in this question.

Is the air going to be bypassed and recirculated in your system or dumped to atmosphere? If dumped, is it air that has already been through your MAF? If so, it's going to wreak havock with your Air Fuel mix because a bunch of air that the computer was counting on just vanished from the intake.

Need more input.

99 Stangbanger

Phantom Fury
Nov 22, 2004
My MAF is on the intake side so far. I did relocate the Temp sensor to the TB since I added Meth and a Cooler. I have yet to retune at this point.

The Meth is spraying in the TB elbo but behind the sensor I took out of the Intake system.

I want to put the BOV on the TB elbo only because there is no room anywhere else unless I get involved in custom tubing and welding ect...

If I do a "blow thru setup" and vent to the atmosphere can I install the BOV on the TB behind the Meth nozzel and after the Cooler? Would I have to relocate my MAF after or before the BOV then at that location to achieve that setup? I dont want to buy a new Blow thru MAF and figured if I moved what I had it may work and save on cost.

The only down fall I see is that if I vent back into the cooler I raise the temps coming from there unless I go blow thru.

Edit:
I dont have much experiece with this type of setup. So any help or advice is appreciated.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• 99 Stangbanger
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list