• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

I just have to share...

Since 1964

TCG Elite Member
May 26, 2004
PLEASE, do NOT read this as boasting, or gloating over the fact that I have a 2010 GT500, I am NOT, in fact, just so you all know, this was an irrational purchase ruled by emotion all the while overlooking logic. I still feel bad for my wife because she has NO car now, and no intention of learning to drive a 6 speed, but I'm working on her.

Now for what I wanted to say......It's WORTH IT! As most of you know I am a passionate kind of person, and a little TOO emotional as well, which is why I want to say that my car turned out to be EVERYTHING I dreamed of. As we have seen since 2002 I found Ford fans, and the 03-04 Cobra community due to the virtues of the last great Mustang, The Terminator.

As a young man I saw the first 64 as a convertable that came to my house to show my Dad, and as I got older I saw 69's all the time, 65 and up Shelby GT's and on and on and I have to say that when Ford agreed to go retro with the Mustang, and then a GT 500.....if I had the money I too would have gone in and paid over cost, I thought I was rich and stupid when I bought my 03, it was a totally selfish purchase just for me, and I had no idea I would meet so many of you, much less come to realize the Mustang community that has existed all over America ever since the first cars were made in 1964.

I get so much AMERICA from this car, my 85-86-91 and 03, it's all about AMERICA and the FREEDOMS we Cherish out on the open road when the LAW ain't looking. It takes a Pony car to know this, whether it be a Mustang, Camaro or any one of the Chrysler's, these cars rock. The size, performance and just the way they drive is so cool, and I am DAMN lucky to have NOW put a modern version of that 68 Green Shelby GT 500 that I walked past on the way to school so many times, right in my own garage, planning and hoping to add 100 more HP and 100 more lb ft of torque to end up with a daily driver that has 650HP? Heaven IS right here on Earth, how much proof do you need? I mean really, to have lived through this once, and then be able to participate once again, it IS amazing, to ME anyway.

I can't take it, I had to share, and only YOU GUY'S get it, share it, and let me appreciate it, and I thank you, as well as encourage you to GO GET ONE. These cars are truly an American Dream, and I don't plan on waking up for a long long time as I rest in a car designed by a little Vietnamese kid who saw the Mustangs race in Vietnam when he was only 8 years old and as he watched he swore, some day, something, and now I have this car.....it's just amazing. :headbang:

I'm going to drive the shit out of this car, BIG HP or not, it's just too fine, certainly more than "I" ever anticipated.

Thanks, nobody around here ( wife and kids that is ) wants to hear this stuff, but I know you guys get it and so I've said it, and I hope you can understand that THIS is definitely one of the things "I" am truly thankful for, now let's just hope this economy will keep me working to pay for it.

Shmirgin44

Fire and Ice
Aug 14, 2007
Your passion really comes out in that post. Even if it is irrational, it is totally worth it if it fulfills you on that many levels. Just know that there are many people who never get to experience the true epitome of what they consider their passion. This moment was nearly 50 years in the making, cherish every minute of it. I coveted the 03 cobra for 5 years before I got one and I can only imagine how you feel.

TCG Member 5219

TCG Elite Member
Mar 22, 2005
I agree totally. I am so in love with my new shelby! I can honestly say that I do not miss the vette in all of its supercharged glory. The shelby is everything I wanted in the vette and everything I needed in the mustang. Its literally the best of both worlds and Im so lucky to have it. It was the right move for our future baby(s), my wife and myself. Man I missed the whine.

D

Drlee50

I have been thinking about the '10 GT500 alot lately and am getting the itch for something new. It would require selling the 1988 GT 8 second race car and the 2007 GT daily driver to get it though. Not sure how I would deal with that! Might put up the race car for sale and see what happens.

Since 1964

TCG Elite Member
May 26, 2004
I knew you guys would get it. Thank you for the encouragement. I was a little nervous writing it, but I think we all share the same feelings as well as realize the meaning behind owning a Mustang. It's such a great car to drive, and to think of all the versions, and then the uniqueness of all the various mods people use to single them out, it's just amazing.

Tom

aka T_Factor
May 21, 2005
Here and There
I remeber when I was in my early 20's living in FL... I bought ANOTHER set of new clubs instead of... well, instead of maybe putting it toward other things I should have. Anyway, I stopped by my cousins house and my Unlce was there... I said, "Uncle Russ come out and see my new clubs." He came out... Looked at them... Looked at me... Looked at them... Shook his head in disgust and then said, "You spend money like a drunken bastard" and then he walked away wo/ saying another word to me that day.

So, I guess what I am trying to say is... I understand, but, guess what... You have a freaking kick ass 2010 GT500 baby :dancenana::dancenana::dancenana:

Enjoy It!!!

Since 1964

TCG Elite Member
May 26, 2004
I remeber when I was in my early 20's living in FL... I bought ANOTHER set of new clubs instead of... well, instead of maybe putting it toward other things I should have. Anyway, I stopped by my cousins house and my Unlce was there... I said, "Uncle Russ come out and see my new clubs." He came out... Looked at them... Looked at me... Looked at them... Shook his head in disgust and then said, "You spend money like a drunken bastard" and then he walked away wo/ saying another word to me that day.

So, I guess what I am trying to say is... I understand, but, guess what... You have a freaking kick ass 2010 GT500 baby :dancenana::dancenana::dancenana:

Enjoy It!!!

My dear old Father always told me that if I couldn't take care of myself, I couldn't take care of anyone else, and YES, that's true.

He also begged me NOT to trade cars every 2-3 years because all I would ever have done is made life easier on the guy who buys used by paying off the depreciation and interest charges, so true so true, but after what is now 18 new cars since 1974, OH WELLLLLLL!!!!

My freinds will back me up on this one....I always said, "Traffic doesn't bother me, I do it in cars I love, so what's the problem". And it's true, I've had AC since my second car, and balls deluxe since my 4th, I can NOT bitch, and I usually don't, while my friends have always pissed and moaned, I'm sorry, I do it cars I love and it's just NOT a problem.

LIFE, costs a fortune, and when you consider all the trials, getting through with nice cars works for me. Like I said in the first paragraph....EMOTION over rules LOGIC, better in my cars than my temper.

1badass96gt

TCG Elite Member
Mar 22, 2004
There is nothing logical about a Mustang. And thats why they are so much damn fun.

I'm 23, only a year of college and tight on money. I have a built mustang I could sell to help improve my situation. Do you think I'm going to sell it?

HELL NO!!!!!!!!!

Enjoy the new ride Dennis.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info