• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

T45 Removal help!!

zenriddles

Guns don't kill people, 'vaccines' do
Aug 18, 2005
Holiday Inn
This is SCREAMING 'a missed bolt' somewhere.

Try getting a floorjack under it near the tailstock where you will have the most leverage and jack it up a little bit. Don't go crazy at first, you'll likely break the ear that still has the bolt in it. You just want to see if it will seperate a little bit on one side or the other to point you towards the hiding fastener.

Hope that helps a bit.

Slither

Feb 25, 2008
I agree. If I remember corectly there are 3 bolts on each side and 2 on the top. I would put a couple bolts back in (1 on each side) so that you can tip it all back without breaking something. I jujst did the clutch on my 97. It's no fun on your back but it can be done. Good luck.

The_1_Duffman

can't breathe...
May 21, 2009
use a pry bar or suitable prying tool to seperate the bellhousing from engine block. the trans does sit on guide dowels that line it up to the block. also make sure every last bellhousing bolt is out and the clutch cable is disconnected before proceeding with the above. you may be able to go in through the starter hole to pry the trans loose.

03GEETEE

The "2V" of Chitown
Feb 26, 2007
Something tells me you forgot the 2 bolts that are on the opposite side of the others you already removed, they bolt the separator plate to the block between the trans and the engine block. If you didnt get these it will not move. If you did make sure you undid the shifter and all the topside stuff and just pry that bitch out.

JTR

jay_Z_SVT

Mar 2, 2004
most first time trans pullers. forget the top bolts.
make sure you have all of them out and the starter, shifter and crossmember.
then take it by the tail shaft and shake it hard till it seperates from the block. then slowly slide it back till the input shaft clears the clutch and pull it down.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info