• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

DIY Rear Seat Delete

Logan@DeansPerformance

Tai Ni Po Ni
Dec 1, 2006
Went ahead with this tonight, came out awesome for the time invested.

Total Cost: $32.43
Retail price of a delete kit: $95-150 depending

Wood: 11.xx
Glue 7.xx
carpet: 12.xx

Tools needed: :alcoholic

tool for cutting wood, i used a grinder (all i had)
Scissors
Marker

Parts needed::cool2:

Particle Board
Carpet of your choice
Cardboard
Loctite Spray Glue

Process:

Using the Cardboard i made a template on the cardboard of what i was needing to cut out. i transfered these templates to the particle board and began cutting. once cut and fitted, use the spray glue (loctite brand works great) to fix the carpet the the front of the cut wood. This is a very easy process, and very self explanatory. i figured id share an example of my work:

2lifms3.jpg

Dana

Bluesmobile
Mar 2, 2004
Particle Board
Carpet of your choice
Cardboard
Loctite Spray Glue

In your original post you said you used particle board. I hope that is not really the case since it weighs probably more that the seat it replaced does.

Masonite or tempered hard board is what is commonly used. It comes in either 1/8 or 1/4 inch thickness.

Logan@DeansPerformance

Tai Ni Po Ni
Dec 1, 2006
particle board
carpet of your choice
cardboard
loctite spray glue

in your original post you said you used particle board. I hope that is not really the case since it weighs probably more that the seat it replaced does.

Masonite or tempered hard board is what is commonly used. It comes in either 1/8 or 1/4 inch thickness.

im such a fucking moron.

Dana

Bluesmobile
Mar 2, 2004
im such a fucking moron.

Not really. It turned out really nice, and you can put something heavier than a loaf of bread on it and it won't bend.

I used Masonite and added blocking on top of the tunnel to support the center of the lower seat area. Its better now.

It just depends on whether you're looking for weight reduction or appearance.

Plus, the newest kits, with plastic backing are going for over $225

Dan

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info