• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

$165.00 turbo kit

Slow99x

ZOMBIE kill of the week
Jul 20, 2007
There's a few people running that setup on svtperformance. They have not had any complaints yet. Theres a link to one person below. Of course there is alot of stuff I would have done differently. But any way.
http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/turbo-cobras-247/574284-parts-turbo-more-parts-pics-inside.html

I read all six pages of that thread and I like that idea. He saved a lot of money and it gave him the flexibility of choosing different parts, not just what some company gives you in their kit.

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
only thing dont wrap ur headers theyll prolly crack

when are you going to be done with it?

I will bet money it is cheap stainless. It will most likely crack some where at some point. These kits have show that to be a issue. But you can afford to repair them a few times for what you pay for the kit. And guys are making good power with these Ebay kits. Should be a fun project as long as heat is not a problem.

Another thing to watch is the cross over. Those flex pipes are known to collapse inside. But you can't tell from the outside.

The crossover seems to hang low. Clearance with A arms and tie rod ends could be a issue. Especially on a lowered car.

zimmer0924

Master Debater
Jul 2, 2008
Should be another week or so. I had more trouble installing the KB 2.8H then I've had with this setup. Fits perfect with a MMS K member. Finishing the 4" Down pipe this week.
Below is a pic from when I first started 2 months ago. It takes a while to get some parts in.
HPIM1185.jpg

zimmer0924

Master Debater
Jul 2, 2008
Like I said above I took the piping to a fab shop to get it looked at before I did anything.
They said the stainless is fine, the welds look great. There is good penetration of the welds and color. I've seen an Ebay turbo header for a Fox before, you can't compare these two together. It's like night and day.

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
Did they say what material it is? Are they meteorologists? I have no doubt the welds could be nice and have good penetration. But different grades of stainless steel have different properties. Some do not deal will with heat and fatigue easier.

Not trying to argue, just asking.

I know a couple people with the Ebay kits. Some faired better than others. But like I said for the money they can be worth it.

zimmer0924

Master Debater
Jul 2, 2008
Don't use big words I can read.LOL. No,I wish I knew what grade it was though. This kit worked great for others, hopefully it works great for me too. If not, It's not the end of the world. I have a back up plan to use the MMR Kit that looks the same. Just something to try out.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info