• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Cut springs issues :/

PNSH3R

Regular
Mar 7, 2008
So, after reading a gazillion of threads over at the svt forums, I have finally decided to just go and cut my stock springs instead of replacing them. Well, Lifted the car up, got the old springs out - cut 3/4 of a coil in the front and 1 full coil in the back. Lowered the car and now rear sits nice and low but the front is even HIGHER than when I started... Wtf?
I am thinking that I need to rotate the coil inside differently, but am too lazy to go through all that shit. Will the springs settle on their own or should I take it all apart again and rotate the damn thing....
Could the rear drop caused the front to come up higher?

PNSH3R

Regular
Mar 7, 2008
Now, looking at the manual I think that I have found my problem. Here is the step that I did NOT do when I was placing the springs in.
frontspringinstall.jpg

And for those who are thinking of replacing their springs on the cobra here is a GREAT writeup on how to get the springs out.
http://www.americanmuscle.com/h-r-race-spr...ra-install.html

Slow99x

ZOMBIE kill of the week
Jul 20, 2007
yup. What about said. Most people on svtperformance have done so, too. SO I used that as a guideline. And I am already scraping the exhaust all over the place.

That's why you should have left the rake and cut all the springs even. It would have given you a little more room. I have the H&R SS and I don't scrape at all except very steep driveways.

PNSH3R

Regular
Mar 7, 2008
could be. I am hoping that that is the case, too. I am waiting for the 18" Anniversary wheels to finally come out. They redesigned them where the front has no lip any longer, and the rear is even wider. Looks pretty sick. I'll post some pics of that later.
But, hopefully when I upgrade he wheels I will drop the nose down some more, and get that nice rake. ALso, the front has come down some more already (lower thanin the pic)

FuelSlut

FK RED STAR
Nov 9, 2005
could be. I am hoping that that is the case, too. I am waiting for the 18" Anniversary wheels to finally come out. They redesigned them where the front has no lip any longer, and the rear is even wider. Looks pretty sick. I'll post some pics of that later.
But, hopefully when I upgrade he wheels I will drop the nose down some more, and get that nice rake. ALso, the front has come down some more already (lower thanin the pic)

Who is making the 18in anny wheels and when do they come out?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info