• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Put the new wheels on and........

BlkSnk

Mar 24, 2009
They fit but they dont at the same time. I got 15x3.5x1.5 and what I ran into is clearance from the caliper (which I knew was going to happen I need about a 1.75" spacer) but the studs definitely aren't long enough because the center on the wheel is like 1.75" thick which would be 3.5" total from the rotor. That's huge and I don't want the wheel/tire to be sticking out like 2" from the fender. Anyone run into this problem? I never heard of anyone having to change to a longer stud so I definitely wasn't ready for that. Any help would be appreciated.

Flatliner

I'm kind of a big deal...
Mar 3, 2004
Weld Prostars. 15x3.5x1.5 b.s.

What "adapter" are you referring to as in a wheel spacer with integrated studs? What are you referring to when you say "stock non threaded part on the stockers?"

Yes, that is exactly what I am talking about. I had a 1" spacer... see attached.

FlatlinerHDR00-vi.jpg

FlatlinerHDR05-vi.jpg

BlkSnk

Mar 24, 2009
I just thought of something by the way that I'm assuming should be considered. If I run a 1" spacer with a 3" (from the Knurl) stud along with the prostar wheel which measures 1.5" thick in the center that would only leave me .5" of stud to thread the lug nut onto (1"x1.5"=2.5"). Is that enough thread for the lugnut to grab on to?

IZZy

Wheel and tire tycoon
Dec 15, 2007
I just thought of something by the way that I'm assuming should be considered. If I run a 1" spacer with a 3" (from the Knurl) stud along with the prostar wheel which measures 1.5" thick in the center that would only leave me .5" of stud to thread the lug nut onto (1"x1.5"=2.5"). Is that enough thread for the lugnut to grab on to?
the lug nuts go thru the wheel so you actually would have 2 inches of contact

IZZy

Wheel and tire tycoon
Dec 15, 2007
and actually... 3" studs only end up having about 2" of threads sticking out after it goes thru the hub and disc so you'd have a about an inch left which should be enough.

I run GT brakes with 3" and only use a 1/2" spacer and the studs poke out of the lugnuts quite a bit.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info