• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Procharger on My 01' need a little bit of help..

loonboon1

May 28, 2008
I've heard both sides from putting on a D1 Procharger on a stock block (2001 Cobra), but I've come across a deal that I just cannot pass up. It's a D1SC kit for the 03-04 Mach 1's (I called Procharger and there is only 1 routing pipe a little different) Polished head unit, 3 stage intercooler, all Brand New for $3,100. (i think its a great deal).

I will put it on my car and keep boost low, just until I beef up the inside, which comes to my question..

What all will I need to beef up my 4V so I can happily run a consistant 12-14psi? Avg. Pricing would help also.

Thanks Guys.

Logan@DeansPerformance

Tai Ni Po Ni
Dec 1, 2006
I've heard both sides from putting on a D1 Procharger on a stock block (2001 Cobra), but I've come across a deal that I just cannot pass up. It's a D1SC kit for the 03-04 Mach 1's (I called Procharger and there is only 1 routing pipe a little different) Polished head unit, 3 stage intercooler, all Brand New for $3,100. (i think its a great deal).

I will put it on my car and keep boost low, just until I beef up the inside, which comes to my question..

What all will I need to beef up my 4V so I can happily run a consistant 12-14psi? Avg. Pricing would help also.

Thanks Guys.

quik01cobra could help you out on this one, he can also assemble your block. you should be good with pistons/rods and all the nice hardware, but ill leave that to the more knowledgeable members of the site...

ChromeCobra

TCG Elite Member
Nov 19, 2005

Thanks Guys.

Pistons, rods, fuel system, trans and IRS...If your easy on the car the trans and IRS will hold up for awhile..As far as pricing goes all you have to do is look up everything on a site such as www.Lethalperformance.com to get an idea.

The motor could last awhile with 12psi, as long as it has a good tune but I wouldn't recommend it...14psi is way too much for the stock bottom end..Personally, i'd run 8-10psi on the stock motor.

jay_Z_SVT

Mar 2, 2004
Pistons, rods, fuel system, trans and IRS...If your easy on the car the trans and IRS will hold up for awhile..As far as pricing goes all you have to do is look up everything on a site such as www.Lethalperformance.com to get an idea.

The motor could last awhile with 12psi, as long as it has a good tune but I wouldn't recommend it...14psi is way too much for the stock bottom end..Personally, i'd run 8-10psi on the stock motor.

+1
try to keep your RWHP to around 460 or lower on a safe tune.

I ran on stock block for awhile at 440 with a p1sc,
then i built the block and traded the p1 for a d1 and ran 19 psi on that for about a year, now i have TT's
but like mentioned above, its not just the motor you need to worry abou when you add that much HP.

qwik01cobra

built,novi2k,t56,solid
Nov 15, 2005

Thanks Guys.

Intercooled at 8psi is the only thing thats gonna make your car enjoyable for as long as possible without blowing up or i should say blowing up soon. I would just run the intercooled 8psi with a conservative tune with a good fuel set up. 42 or 60lb injectors. 255 in-tank pump or KB BAP. Your clutch will go before your trans. Your IRS will take a shit as soon as you wheel hop with a sticky tire as mine did. The motor should stay together for a few thousand miles depending on how you drive it and the boost level. And when you do blow it, PM me and ill pull it apart and rebuild it lol

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info