• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Anyone Powershifting a Pro Motion Powertrain T45?

BlkSnk

Mar 24, 2009
I've powershifted a stock t45. Found it very easy with that, does it feel alot different than stock?

Completely different. This trans mechanically is one of the best shifting and best sounding transmissions I've ever driven on (outside of the lightning quick powershifts of course). I only have about 700 miles on this trans. It does need a new throw out bearing however which I think would definitely lead to some problems with powershifting.

EVLSVT

Banned
Dec 15, 2004
yes I have the same trans as you, but only have 200miles on it, (and the new engine as well)... I have powershifted the stock trans as well, but it was hit or miss. This new one feels really solid and a LOT better...I'm sure you could get consistent powershifts... but i'm afraid to slam it hard I want it to last lol. PMP750 w00t!

Ear Rak

Underemployed
Nov 11, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
yes I have the same trans as you, but only have 200miles on it, (and the new engine as well)... I have powershifted the stock trans as well, but it was hit or miss. This new one feels really solid and a LOT better...I'm sure you could get consistent powershifts... but i'm afraid to slam it hard I want it to last lol. PMP750 w00t!

actually your car has a tr3650 in it. Good try though.

jay_Z_SVT

Mar 2, 2004
upgraded to a t45?:thinking:

the T45's have been known to last longer and shift better than the 3650's
I would call it an upgrade even if it were stock for stock.

here is result from my day at the track with my promotion T45 though....guess it doesnt like TT's
IMG_0311.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info