• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Front Bumper Tabs question. Damaged during tow.

VIPERKILLER

ViperKiller Inc.Since '99
Apr 11, 2006
hey guys, I had my car towed recently during a flat tire incident. And when the car was coming off the flatbed the bumper hit the bed, was pushed upwards, thus ripping it away from one side of the frame. there is a tab that is part of the bumper, right in front of the splash guard, that attaches to the frame. and that tab was ripped away from the bumper. so in the meantime, while i wait for the towing company to pay up for a new bumper. is there anything I can do to attach this bumper so its not dragging? any product/putty or some kind of bodyman's secret i can use as a band aid for now? Any info or ideas would be helpful. thanks!

Shmirgin44

Fire and Ice
Aug 14, 2007
Mighty putty LOL!
mity-putty.jpg

VIPERKILLER

Apr 11, 2006
yea thats the stuff. I just need something for a quick fix. I looked up the 3M stuff, but it may not work since i think its meant for a plastic to plastic contact. and in this situation im going to be affixing the bumper to the opening in the frame where the tab goes. so it would be a metal to plastic/urethane situation. unless there is another way

SONICobra

ITS STOK
Dec 1, 2005
yeah grainger will probably have something, 3m does have stuff we use it all the time for bumper repairs though.

LMFAO @ mighty putty... my mom bought me a box of that for my b-day, i tried fixing her shoe with it and it fell apart 5 minutes later (after 1hr of drying)

VIPERKILLER

Apr 11, 2006
what i ended up doing was using a combonation of gravity and quick steel. Since all THREE fuckin tabs were broken. I just loosened the bracket that has the three rivets, from the frame. I quick steel'd the bracket to the bumper, re-attached the bracket to the frame just a little higher than it normally sits, so that the bumper (while still firmly affixed by the bracket) is clamped in-between the bracket and frame. its firm as shit for now. I just got a call back from AAA and they've agreed to pay the lesser of my 2 estimates, its just a long process like everything else in life.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• V
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list