• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Installing Aftermarket K-member (QA1)

BlkSnk

Mar 24, 2009
Who hear has installed a k-member on a 97' Cobra or similar? I plan on tackling the project myself and would like any insight related to the project. I have never done this before, but am more than willing to tackle the project

If anyone knows of where I can find some detailed "how-to" on a k-member install as well please let me know.

Also, what are some of things I should consider when purchasing the parts related to the install. I hear there may be some clearance issues with the oil filter? Do they make a oil filter relocation kit? Any other thoughts would be great.

I will be purchasing QA1's k-member and A-arms, UPR's coil over kit, Front Adjustable struts, a manual rack, and caster/camber plates.

Do most K-member's once purchased even come with install instructions? I know that MM has them on their website but wasn't sure about other manufacturers.

Any help or guidance would be greatly appreciated

Thanks.

jay_Z_SVT

Mar 2, 2004
i have a QA1 K member and i have no issues with the oil filter.
my old PA Racing one, i did need the oil filter relocation.

so im happier with the QA1.

once you get under there and look at it, its a piece of cake.
the main thing is make sure you support the motor well while you drop and intall the new k member.

IZZy

Wheel and tire tycoon
Dec 15, 2007
make sure you use an engine hoist... its much easier, get yourself a nice impact gun if you dont have one and get the car up in the air high enough to provide you with all the room you need.

ohh and buy new motor mounts, I shouldve done that but I didnt listen and now its too late.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info