• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

What Bushings to Go with?

FuelSlut

FK RED STAR
Nov 9, 2005
OK not that Im complaining cuz this is kind of part of modding a car. But I just finished my tubular a arms w derlin bushings, nice but very harsh and noisy in the car. Is polyurithane going to be a little softer? Or should I try to get stock bushings and see if they can fit into the tubular a arms?

Its just every time I hit a bump its just so noisy under the dash and I know its because of those bushings. Im just exploring my options sinse 95% of the time this is a street car if you guys get my drift.

So you guys with Tubular K members Tubular a arms and coilovers chime in here....Thanks:D

ITLLOWNU

oh hai!
Jan 1, 2008
your not going to hear much difference. ive had all the bushings possible in my k frames over the years and they all make noise. they are mostly the same until you get to heim joints..omg they are awefull..had those on a QA-1 k frame..never again..but i still have them in the rear and they drive me nuts:eek:h:

coil overs are a big cause of it too..

you will get used to it :D

Slow99x

ZOMBIE kill of the week
Jul 20, 2007
your not going to hear much difference. ive had all the bushings possible in my k frames over the years and they all make noise. they are mostly the same until you get to heim joints..omg they are awefull..had those on a QA-1 k frame..never again..but i still have them in the rear and they drive me nuts:eek:h:

coil overs are a big cause of it too..

you will get used to it :D
Just sell it. Problem solved:p

FuelSlut

FK RED STAR
Nov 9, 2005
maybe you should get some good coilovers, are you running MM?
I run stiff MM coilovers on custom valved Bilsteins and delrin bushings f+r on a stock k.
the only thing I thought put the car over the edge were the aluminum diff bushings, holy carp.

Strange coilovers on a stock bilstein shock. I think strange is pretty good quality.

I mean dont get me wrong there is going to be road noise I can accept that, the ride is actually stiff and the car feels like one piece of machinery now. But its every time I hit a crack in the road I get this thump under my dashboard and it sucks. I guess this is something I have to get use to.....

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info